StudentsReview :: Rosemont College - Comments and Student Experiences

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute -- Troy, NY
Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Rosemont College

Student facilities are poorlyQuite BrightUndecided
Student facilities are poorly maintained, and there appears to be no work in progress to address this issue. The new administration has created an unhappy atmosphere, and many staff and faculty are leaving because of it.
2nd Year Female -- Class 1923
Friendliness: B+, Campus Maintenance: D-
Rosemont's academics are inadequate.BrightBiology
Rosemont's academics are inadequate. Inorder to thrive as a business and bring in more income, Rosemont seriously lowered their standards. They reject so few applicants and, subsequently, degrade their academic standards. Classes are not challenging as a result of accepting students that are not willing to work for their degree. Staff and maintenance are useless. They always smile, but when it comes down to actually being of help, they completely drop the ball.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2019
Education Quality: A, Collaboration/Competitive: F
I chose to go to Rosemont College becauseOther
I chose to go to Rosemont College because it was small and I was impressed with the look and feel of the campus. It is truly beautiful and right in the middle of the Mainline but don't let the location or aesthetics fool you. Rosemont is the ugly step child or colleges. If I had a time machine I would go back and stop my younger self from ever stepping foot on that campus because of the debt I am in now, a debt I am struggling to pay. The experience, the education I received was not worth the price tag!

I could not find a job in my field after graduation. I even hesitate to put what my major was on here because I need my professors' recommendations just in case something turns up in the future. I was a good student, not the best but I did my work. I knew the material, I was prepared and was assured that the liberal arts major I picked would turn profitable once I was out in the workforcee- well so far that hasn't magically happened. Don't think I am not trying- I've sent so many resumes out I could type them up in my sleep.

The college gave me a song and dance when I applied, told me I could "build my own major" and grants and loans were available for financial aid. I am from a lower middle class background and the first college graduate in my family's history. We had no idea what we were getting into and were dazzled by everything the school (claimed) to offer. I regret not being more involved in the decisions made about my financial aid packages because I am literally paying the price for our ignorance now. The college should have been upfront about potential price increases, how much books costs, room and board, lab fees, etc etc. I felt as if they were squeezing every nickle out of me and for what?? I could have went to a state school for less and been relatively debt free by now. Instead I chose Rosemont.

I loved the friends that I made at college. They are my rock but are friends worth thousands and thousands of dollars in debt? I'm not sure...

The professors care only about their fields and their majors. I got the impression that they wanted to do more but were either scared to or couldn't because they were already doing too much. There is not a lot of choice when it comes to who is teaching what course so if you don't like the head of a department for your major- too bad! You are stuck with that one professor for four years. I had a few really good professors and learned from them but what I learned was not transferable to the workforce right out of college. I needed a skill set that would set me apart from the competition... that did not happen. I also felt that because it was a small school it was a microcosm. The school only benefited itself and there were few opportunities outside of internships to experience life outside of Rosemont. They kept you very sheltered there both academically and socially. And if you don't have a car- forget about getting off campus to go anywhere unless you like overpriced bars within walking distance. King of Prussia Mall is somewhat close but again hard to get to if you don't have a car and the college offers very little in transportation options for students who want to get off campus for the night unless you want to ride the train. I went with a friend to her college and we not only got shuttled to and from our destinations, they had a taxi service for students who could not drive because they had too much to drink AND they had smartcars for free to rent for the night as long as you stayed within a certain distance from the campus. AND my friend has 0 debt after leaving because of her grants, scholarships, and she went to a state school.

I may be writing this review because I am angry at what my financial situation is right now because of the debt I am in as a result of attending this half-assed school but can you blame me? My life is on hold until this debt is paid and (catch 22) I can't find a good enough job to pay it off. I have nightmares about interest rates.

Maybe Rosemont is a good school for some people, who can afford the hefty price tag and aren't concerned with getting a job after graduation but for lower middle class average joes like me- it was not worth it. Choice wisely high schoolers.

Compare RosemontSave Rosemont