StudentsReview :: The University of Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania -- Bloomsburg, PA

Quite BrightComputer Engineering
Paad ki baas aati hai pure time.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2019
Faculty Accessibility: A-, Education Quality: F
This is the greatest university ever.Quite BrightEconomics
This is the greatest university ever. With its outstanding global reputation, this place will take you anywhere you want to go. The professors and courses are outstanding. Students are great. It is no wonder Penn is always ranked in the top two or three universities. There are just the right amount of undergrads, an equal amount of grad students, and a beautiful campus in an exciting city. Some students don't get along here because they had an easy time getting A's in high schools with hyper-grade inflation. This is a work hard, play hard university that is the best in the country, and every facet of the school is world class.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: A-
I came to this school to work hard,Super BrilliantPolitical Science
I came to this school to work hard, and no one appreciates hard work, even the professors. It's all about how fast and brief you can write here. I read slow and methodically. If your not terribly interesting, your outcast. I didn't want to drink, which means no social life here. In brief, if your not social, don't come here.

I hated the Quad, people carelessly taking a dump on bathroom floors, smearing fecal matter on walls, the vomit in the hallway, and the food poisoning and rotten lettuce/food in Hill. I hated the showers that don't give you enough water pressure. I hate the contempt Penn employees in dining hold of Penn students every day, assuming students are all rich, entitled brats.

To get to an Ivy, I gave everything up in high school: family, friends, the idea of ever having a normal life and finding a spouse, wasting my time reading books that I have long forgotten. I have been unable to find friends because the classes are so time-consuming, (if you take these classes half-way seriously unlike a lot of students here that just kind of wing/skim as they do other stuff), that I have been unable to join extracurricular activities and make friends that way. If I could go somewhere else I would have, but I invested too much of my soul, suffered from too much stress on my heart to turn back from this hell. I tried to engage in research, but the never ending sea of just barely above average grades just made it all not worthwhile/interesting.It is damn near impossible to get an A in humanities/social science unless you get to know professors, which shouldn't be a prerequisite to an A. Students will smile to your face in science/math classes, but underneath the politeness are fierce competitors, baying at the sight of blood/weakness, who don't care about you. College is not the time to experiment outside your strengths academically. In my time here, I have known 4 Penn students who successfully committed suicide. If I could go back 7 or 8 years, I would tell myself to become a butcher or maybe find work at a gas station. No amount of money could be worth this. I can't comment on the relevance of this to other Ivies, although I am predisposed to think that these problems are uniquely Pennsylvanian. I had straight A's going back 7 years, 130's IQ, and I frequent Pottruck, so I am not just some schmuck that they let walk in the door. This can happen to you. Think twice before attending.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2016