StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Campus - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Delaware -- Newark, DE

The University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Campus

I'm a freshman at Pitt having nearly completed

Nov 28 2013Communications
I'm a freshman at Pitt having nearly completed my first semester here and I hate it. It's a good school with really strong academics, but it's just not the place for me. I thought i'd like it because everyone said they had a good experience here, and it's right by a city, but I was wrong. the campus is nice in fall but it's miserable in the cold. I prefer being sober during the week and going to class because on the weekends it's awful house parties and frat parties, if we're lucky. I rushed but dropped out because it wasn't for me, and i wish i stayed with it and joined a sorority. They lie when they say Greek Life doesn't have a huge presence on campus-- if you're underage and non-greek, weekends are boring while you try to desperately find a boring party. it's a state school and i'm from new jersey, so people here are all very close minded and simple. i appreciate the music scene here and i've met some cool people, but this school is just not the right fit for me. if you're into sweaty, sub-par house parties and sports, this is the place for you. it's a very big school so i feel very lonely, and am unsure why i picked such an ugly campus when I love nature. I'm hoping to transfer.
Faculty Accessibility: B, Campus Aesthetics: F

If you are an International student as I

Jul 11 2013Math
If you are an International student as I do, do NOT go to pitt.
Once you go home and away from the states, pitt ignores every single request.
You have to be doing research during summer vacation to use VPN service. If you are a normal student not doing research, don't even think about using VPN. They treat you like some foreign shit.DO NOT GO TO PITT.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F

Most of the negative comments are correct

Oct 30 2011Other
Most of the negative comments are correct. Most of the positive comments are by people who are from Pittsburgh and are close-minded. I am only a freshman who has been here for a semester, but I hate it. Majority of the population gives a racist feel to it. i.e. I would be walking for a few kids from my floor, a black student would pass us with lets say a bag of groceries. The kids would make a remark such as "he probably just stole that" or "there is probably friend chicken in there." It's unbelievable. I went to a big high school and was sociable, but at this school, there is nothing to do ever, the only parties are frat parties which are terrible, and everyone is stuck up and from western PA. The majority of the student body is white, and from Pennsylvania, so if you are somewhat sociable and have a personality do not go here, or you WILL lose it.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015