StudentsReview ™ :: Villanova University - Comments and Student Experiences

Villanova University

I came to Villanova as a cross registrant

Feb 15 2014Art & Design Department
I came to Villanova as a cross registrant from nearby Rosemont College, so I can only comment on the school's academic aspects. It's undoubtedly a great school, and the professors really make you learn. I am very satisfied with the quality of education I received there.

My professors were approachable and always ready to answer any questions I had.
What was intimidating about Villanova was its size: it's a huge campus. Rosemont's tiny campus could be put into it at least five times. So you will have to do a lot of walking. There is a shuttle that comes through every hour, but I found it easier to just walk. And judging by the crowds, so did most people.

Another reviewer mentioned that most of the students were from the Mid-Atlantic states, and this is true, as most of the people I met were from New Jersey and New York. Also, the student body seemed very affluent. (Try to count the number of Hunter rain boots you see on rainy days; it's impossible.) Given this fact, it's no big surprise that sorority girl/frat boy culture is huge here. I can't comment further on Greek life, as I was only a cross-registrant, but if that's something you're into, this seems to be the right school for it.

Villanova is a good school, and I have no complaints about the education I received or the people I met there.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A, Friendliness: C+

Villanova Business School has

Jan 06 2014Finance
Villanova Business School has top-notch academics. The Alumni network is almost on the level of many Ivy-leauge schools (especially if you stay in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic). Most Alums are very successful and they eagerly help one another out professionally.
Starting Job: vice president Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A

Villanova has an extremely strong East Coast influence,

Apr 26 2013Mechanical Engineering
Villanova has an extremely strong East Coast influence, reflected by the student body. If I had to guess, I'd say at least 75% of the student body is from Philly, NJ, NYC, and Long Island. If you are from west of here, really make sure you do your homework and make sure you fit in here before committing here. I made the mistake of coming here, and after 2 years of trying to force it to work I am finally transferring out.Outside of the student body and social side of Villanova, the academics are excellent. This is clearly evidenced by the faculty, who really care that their students are successful in and beyond the classroom.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015