StudentsReview :: Villanova University - Comments and Student Experiences

Villanova University

Villanova Business School has

Jan 06 2014Finance
Villanova Business School has top-notch academics. The Alumni network is almost on the level of many Ivy-leauge schools (especially if you stay in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic). Most Alums are very successful and they eagerly help one another out professionally.
Starting Job: vice president Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A

Villanova did not train

Nov 11 2012Other
Villanova did not train me for a job, it prepared me for a lifetime. The things I learned there have served me throughout my life and my 30+ years of work.
Starting Job: Sales Preparedness: A Reputation: B+

I came to Villanova as a cross registrant

Feb 15 2014Art & Design Department
I came to Villanova as a cross registrant from nearby Rosemont College, so I can only comment on the school's academic aspects. It's undoubtedly a great school, and the professors really make you learn. I am very satisfied with the quality of education I received there.

My professors were approachable and always ready to answer any questions I had.
What was intimidating about Villanova was its size: it's a huge campus. Rosemont's tiny campus could be put into it at least five times. So you will have to do a lot of walking. There is a shuttle that comes through every hour, but I found it easier to just walk. And judging by the crowds, so did most people.

Another reviewer mentioned that most of the students were from the Mid-Atlantic states, and this is true, as most of the people I met were from New Jersey and New York. Also, the student body seemed very affluent. (Try to count the number of Hunter rain boots you see on rainy days; it's impossible.) Given this fact, it's no big surprise that sorority girl/frat boy culture is huge here. I can't comment further on Greek life, as I was only a cross-registrant, but if that's something you're into, this seems to be the right school for it.

Villanova is a good school, and I have no complaints about the education I received or the people I met there.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013