StudentsReview :: York College Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

State University of New York College at Geneseo -- Geneseo, NY
Rowan University -- Glassboro, NJ

York College Pennsylvania

Jan 18 2014Communications

Best school around the area. I got a better education at York than I did at the Ivy I attended for grad school.

Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

I did not know much about the school

Jan 16 2014Mechanical Engineering
I did not know much about the school being from Towson, MD. I was not into high school much and was a fairly good in the sciences and math. I was more into BMX biking and wanted to do engineering, I thought. I was not into the college search thing but the visit was great. And a great BMX park is blocks from the college. A great combination. I lucked out my freshman year with a nice dorm room. I liked the dorm and hanging out with the other engineers on my floor and our central american RA. The mechanical engineering is tough but doable. Three co-ops have helped a lot in getting job experience as well as helped me get a lead on my first job. Now I just need to graduate. One thing the college could improve things in letting the students use the new gym more. My roommates and I like to play basketball and nearly every time in the winter the courts are full with athletes or other playing full court when they should be playing half court. Would like to see this fixed. Watch out for Jackson Street, it is where the seniors live and can be party central, but it is where the students hang out though.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Social Life: B-

Area: Let me just start off by saying

Oct 23 2014Nursing
Area: Let me just start off by saying the school IS pretty, they got that going for them it's a very pretty campus and the immediate areas aren't that trashy either there are some nice houses and if you're into Greek life the school gives them beautiful houses especially ast. I don't really understand why everyone says york isn't a safe place because I've walked down jackson street at 1-2 in the morning or around the neighborhood and no ones even looked twice at me. so as far as the area goes, you should be fine as long as you're somewhat intelligent about that.

Professors: Now the professors here are pretty good and they are helpful, there have been multiple incidents where I wasn't in class and my professor sat with me and we went over what I missed. If you ask they will help you!

Social scene: this is where things are going to get interesting, I NEVER knew it was possible to be this miserable at a school in my entire existence. I'm so depressed and disappointed by the way things turned out for me I could get in my car today and leave mid semester without looking back once but I want to transfer so I need to do well in order to be accepted at another school. Most students are from around here so they either go home for the weekend or they know each other from before this year. If you are going to come here I recommend coming with a friend because once friend groups are formed it's impossible to even dream about feeling welcomed into any group. People say if you know all the right people you should be okay but how do they expect you to know anyone when they don't take the time to get to know you?! It's an endless cycle of bullshit and stupidity. People go here when they're not ready to leave high school and all the drama that comes with it. I understand that you are not going to school for friends you're supposed to be gong for an education but if you are living on campus you have to be happy and I promise you won't find any happiness here.