StudentsReview ™ :: York College Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

City University of New York College of Staten Island -- Staten Island, NY
State University of New York College at Geneseo -- Geneseo, NY
Rowan University -- Glassboro, NJ

York College Pennsylvania

Jan 18 2014Communications

Best school around the area. I got a better education at York than I did at the Ivy I attended for grad school.

Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

I did not know much about the school

Jan 16 2014Mechanical Engineering
I did not know much about the school being from Towson, MD. I was not into high school much and was a fairly good in the sciences and math. I was more into BMX biking and wanted to do engineering, I thought. I was not into the college search thing but the visit was great. And a great BMX park is blocks from the college. A great combination. I lucked out my freshman year with a nice dorm room. I liked the dorm and hanging out with the other engineers on my floor and our central american RA. The mechanical engineering is tough but doable. Three co-ops have helped a lot in getting job experience as well as helped me get a lead on my first job. Now I just need to graduate. One thing the college could improve things in letting the students use the new gym more. My roommates and I like to play basketball and nearly every time in the winter the courts are full with athletes or other playing full court when they should be playing half court. Would like to see this fixed. Watch out for Jackson Street, it is where the seniors live and can be party central, but it is where the students hang out though.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Social Life: B-

This place sucks

Dec 13 2013Unknown
This place sucks. It was a living hell here my freshman year. The kids here are complete assholes and don't care about anyone but themselves. The Res life is all corrupt and they don't do anything. There is supposed to be no noise after 10 but that's when all the noise starts and the RAs are to big of pussies to tell the people to shut up. If you were a loser who had no friends in high school then this is the place for you. All the losers here bond together and they act like they're the shit. I've gotten in a fight with about 3 kids here already because they thought they were the shit. If it wasn't for the fact that my two best friends and a kid from the next town were here I probably would have transferred. There are a lot of druggies here and the parties suck. The food is horrible too. If you go to here with you're friend it will be a better exprience. But if you are coming here to meet new people then good luck to you.

Get free info from: York College Pennsylvania