StudentsReview :: York College Pennsylvania - Comments and Student Experiences

State University of New York College at Geneseo -- Geneseo, NY
Rowan University -- Glassboro, NJ

York College Pennsylvania

I've personally enjoyed every year at YCP soQuite BrightPolitical Science
I've personally enjoyed every year at YCP so far. Since I matriculated in 2014, I've seen a lot of changes, both good and bad.

The quality of the food in the dining hall has gone up considerably since I got here, and I'm impressed with the themed dinner nights and "YCP Tasty" cooking lessons. CAB has increased their events to be more welcoming and fun, instead of just doing the exact same things over and over and over again, and their last concerts have been amazing! My classes have grown to challenge me in just the right way, with the occasional "easy" class that gives me a nice break but still teaches me about my field of study. The campus is nice, with lots of greenery and nice students (barring the occasional, unavoidable snobby ones). The staff in my department and in most of the departments are helpful and kind. I know for a fact that the German professor takes students out to lunch regularly and makes sure to take time to see how they're doing, and I can count on any professor in the HUM department to advise me on any issues I have. There is also a shuttle service that takes students to Queensgate shopping mall (a blessing for those of us without cars) and to fun York City events like First Friday and the Downtown Market! Now, that's not to say there aren't some negatives to YCP! Although Campus Safety tries their best, I don't feel safe walking to and from campus at night. For students who like to stay up studying for a while, or who are swamped with tests or papers, having to walk back to west campus after 1:30 or 2:30 (on the weekends) once the shuttle stops is pretty scary. I'm from a small farming town and we don't usually have any crime in my area. Recently, we had three robberies/assaults on or near the roads leading between the campuses. The shuttle stops running at 1:30 am (weekdays) or 2:30 am (weekends) and for students who don't drive or live on west that need to cram/study, that's a bit early (though totally understandable!) I wish we had a better way to get over to west campus at night or vice versa, or that we had another library or study area on west for students to stay in. YCP has also changed their system from ADRs to Constellations, a confusing, not well-thought-out jumble of what to take and what not to take. It's killed the language departments, which is upsetting and doesn't give students enough of a "Renaissance" education like YCP preached when I matriculated. I also wished that YCP would use more resources for fun activities than promoting the college so violently. Posters everywhere, a commercial (a terrible commercial), radio advertisements, etc. are nothing compared to students physically telling others that YCP is great!

3rd Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: D+
Any student who is contemplating applying to or
Any student who is contemplating applying to or attending to apply to York College of Pennsylvania should be aware that the accreditation of YCP is under serious review by The Pennsylvania Department of Higher Education. I have a pending lawsuit again the school for 10 million dollars for harassment, defamation, lost income, personal pain and suffering.

If you take gamble with your education to go there, drown yourself in federal student loan debt to do so, you may very well end up with a degree from an unaccredited college.

The current Dean of academic affairs, Dominic Delli Carpini, is a severely depressed man with the ethics of a worm. The Humanities Dept in its entirety is corrupt, unaccomplished and concerned only with their salaries, their place at the academic trough.

Any school in the region would offer a better education at a cheaper cost--any education from an accredited college at the very least.

York City, the neighborhood around York College, is an extremely dangerous area--drugs deals, rape, murder are common. No one will tell you this at YCP, of course.

Finally, you should know that I have an article forthcoming in The Chronicle of Higher Education entitled "The Rise and Fall of York College." Wherever you go after YCP, you'll be asked about this article and why you ever attended such a dying, corrupt institution. Dr. William R. Miller

This school only caresNot so bright
This school only cares about your money. The administration does not care about the opinions of the students or is helpful to the students.
1st Year Female -- Class 1921