StudentsReview :: Bryant University - Comments and Student Experiences

Bentley College -- Waltham, MA
Roger Williams University -- Bristol, RI

Bryant University

Bryant University is absolutely awful!!!.AverageFinance
Bryant University is absolutely awful!!!. Their professers don't know how to teach at all. Most students learn nothing in these classes. You would expect more for a University that charges $584 per credit. Unbelievable!! Nobody (staff) wants to or knows how to help you either which adds to my frustration. You enter the class paying all this money and come out learning absolutely nothing!!!Average grade that the students will receive from these so-called professors is C. Garbage instructors garbage grades. I don't understand why they don't offer online classes - by the end of the class you realize you are teaching yourself anyway. There are better universities out there, and I plan on transfering out ASAP. Bottom line: don't waste your money.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2012
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F
Bryant was great for the following reasons;Business - Management and Administration
Bryant was great for the following reasons;
1. Open-door policy with professors. They knew my name and I liked that. I am still friends with Jim Estee and Ed Sevilla. One professor was completely unhelpful and rude and another one seemed like he wasn't very smart but I liked every other professor I had.

2. The facilities are world-class. The campus is stunning and I actually wanted to get married there. The gym and the library were very impressive. Technology at Bryant is like no other campus I have visited. The laptop program got me my first personal laptop which I used for years after I graduated.

3. A student body that connected me, an average guy with children of wealthy people who seemed to be on a fast track to great success. It felt like motivation level was pretty high across the entire student population with a few exceptions.

4. Career services really helped me. I had 4 job offers at the end of my junior year.
5. I wasn't a party guy so it worked out that I was in the middle of nowhere in Rhode Island.
6. For a small school in the middle of nowhere, Bryant got kids from a lot of countries which helped me form relationships with people who are now back in their home countries.

7. Great study abroad program.
Areas for improvement
1. The Information Systems curriculum was not very strong. There needed to be more technical course offerings.

2. A stronger core of professors wouldn't hurt. I went on to graduate school at a New York University. I had professors who were leaders in their fields. People with whom you want to take pictures because of how accomplished they were. There were professors at Bryant that did not command my respect at all.

Overall, Bryant was a great school for me. Helped me get my career started. And now that I run my own business own, my business partner is also a Bryant alum.

Just complete my junior year as a FinanceNot so brightFinance
Just complete my junior year as a Finance Major here at Bryant and I have to say that coming here was a terrible idea. The campus is beautiful, clean, and campus security does a great job at keeping the campus safe. The athletic center is state of the art and so is the Bello Technology center, but, that doesn't provide the education your paying for. The curriculum is no different than any of the surrounding colleges and universities that are helf the cost. The per course cost is ridiculous, over $2000.00 (just for the class and the book) and the faculty are condescending, arrogant, and could care less about the students. I have friends who are also majoring in Finance at Rhode Island College, Johnson and Wales University, and the University of Rhode Island (in-state) and are spending much less for there education. They are taking the same courses and covering the same material for half the cost and they are taught by the same adjunct faculty that I am paying 100%-150% more for. Needless to say, I'll be graduating with a huge tuition bill, about 100K for my undergrad degree. Also, the faculty here are completely unapproachable. They are more concerned with their own research then ever taking the time to help students one on one. They just tell you to meet with a tutor instead. So, I pay over 2K, per course, to be taught by tutors and adjunct faculty my friends are also being taught by. Awesome! Now, I'm no genius but am no idiot either (currently have a 3.30 GPA). Professors are more concerned with their own personal academic conquests and notariety than the students they teach. And the advisors, they are lazy to the core. Forget about asking for help, they're useless and don't want to do anything that will force them to go out of their way to help the students. With regards to the campus.....BORING. It's located in Noth Smithfield, RI aka, boringville. The campus is about 20 miles from Providence so you need a bit of a drive to get anywhere, just can't walk out of your dorm and go out somewhere other than the parking lot, then the woods. In my opinion, the education is not worth the money and if I had the opportunity, I would have gone to a less expensive college/university for the lower cost and spent my money on Graduate school, and not even this one, I would have attended a school in Providence or Boston where I don't need to drive 20 minutes to go out during the day or at night. Instead, I'll be graduating with a 100K undergrad tuition bill, taking the same exact courses I could have taken for a fraction of the cost, and with no guarantee I'll find a job in this economy. My advice is stay away from this University. You'll get the same exact education for half the cost, at other local schools. Bryant is like a halloween costume, looks good on the outside, but, you don't know what hides beneath it until you make the committment.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2011