StudentsReview ™ :: Rhode Island College - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ

Rhode Island College

When I began my "education" here, I minored

Feb 19 2014Undecided
When I began my "education" here, I minored in Italian. The day before the first class of the second semester, I got an email saying that the course was cancelled due to low enrollment. I would consider that a good thing for more one on one learning, but this school does not care about their students. I left the school that week. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.
Starting Job: Housekeeper Preparedness: F Reputation: F

What I hate about this college is that

Dec 11 2013Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
What I hate about this college is that it tries as hard as it can to financially screw its students because all they care about is money and they spend that money on stupid events like mechanical bulls, moon bouncers and inflated slides. And this is all for GROWN UP COLLEGE STUDENTS. I've been there for a year in a half and they're still charging me for an out-of-state student.

Most of the students there are really immature and they care more about partying & drinking then focusing on what they wanna do with their lives. I'm embarrassed to be a RIC student.Most of the faculty I have is helpful only because I look up the professors and I choose to ones that have good reviews and most of them don't.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Scholastic Success: B+, Innovation: F

Rhode Island College is a good state school

May 24 2013Political Science
Rhode Island College is a good state school for instate students. Does it compare to schools like Brown University or Providence College? No it doesn't. But it's a better school at a better value then schools like JWU or New England Tech. The social life at RIC isn't great, but if you live on campus it's much better. Having so many commuters does kill the atmosphere a bit. But If you live on campus, RIC is very much a normal college. I highly recline d the school to anyone who wants a good education, at a good value.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014