StudentsReview :: The Rhode Island School of Design - Comments and Student Experiences

Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY
Savannah College of Art and Design -- Savannah, GA

The Rhode Island School of Design

Feb 08 2009Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc

Great school. Could not have imagined the connections and lessons that were gained in just four years.

Starting Job: designer Preparedness: B+ Reputation: A+

The school is very challanging and the shops

Mar 08 2009Art & Design Department
The school is very challanging and the shops in Providence are creative. I am a costume designer and am doing my intership at 'Bruna Costumes' in Providence. I have learn so much about creative sewing from an expect costume maker.

I am learning more than I can ever learn at school.I am very grateful for this opportunity to work in a field that I want to become a part of.

1st Year Male -- Class 2013
Scholastic Success: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F

I really think that the school is worth

Jan 04 2009Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I really think that the school is worth it. The faculty members in my department are really helpful, dedicated and knowledgeable. I'm not a very social people and hang out only with few people. I can't seem to connect with many other people in the class, but they generally mingle with one another on and off class. They are friendly, though. The location of the campus is in the heart of Providence, a nice little city between Boston and NY. I like the quiet city. It has just about enough of everything that you need to survive and focus on your work.

Do NOT expect:

-to find sports club that compete big-time against other colleges.
-to find everyone sporting school spirit in their chests.
-to find parties in-campus (off-campus activities are subject to connections)
Do expect:
-to endure the allegedly tough foundation year if you apply as freshman
-to work your arse off
-to endure harsh critiques of your work (depending on your department)-to learn from classmates' questions, problems and suggestions

3rd Year Male -- Class 2008