StudentsReview :: Roger Williams University - Comments and Student Experiences

Amherst College -- Amherst, MA
University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

Roger Williams University

I have given this school and the people

Mar 06 2013Architecture
I have given this school and the people here many chances. However, I have decided to transfer. People here are very cliquey, extremely close- minded and negative. It seems like nobody wants to be here. There is no school spirit. Good people are few are far between. There is very little diversity. Many people are rich and stuck up and act like they are still a freshman in high school.

If you go into architecture, it is much more different from any other major. It is very intense and everyone in architecture groups together. It was a good kind of challenging.

There is not much to do here on the weekends. The surrounding town doesnt have much to do. It is fun to go into the city which is 40 minutes away, however.

Faculty is pretty helpful and nice. I have had mostly very good professors and I would say that that is the one positives here. Needless to say, I have decided to transfer after giving this place a fair trial.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Maintenance: A+, Social Life: C-

school administration is run by a bunch of

Mar 05 2013Undecided
school administration is run by a bunch of clowns. no idea how to uphold a campus enviroment that encourages studious behavior. way too strict in every aspect, as well as unfair and seemingly unqualified members of staff decided any conduct situations, usualy with a punishment way too severe that makes the students academic life impossible to maintain. while these idiots spend their lives looking to crack down on those who make small infractions the wrestling team drugs and rapes girls at parties, people fight constantly, and all problems much more severe are left unattended.

I transferred to this school for my junior

Apr 12 2013Business - Management and Administration
I transferred to this school for my junior and senior year. I have never been talked to so condescendingly in my life. I am not the type of student who gets in trouble, however I am the type that will ask a question if I don't understand something. The housing department has never been clear about anything- Tony, especially, has been nothing but rude since I've lived here. I had to fill out and hand in a degree application 3 times before I finally was put on the graduation list because the registrar had lost them all. Since transferring, they have had problems keeping my information organized. The woman who deals with the parking situation is extremely condescending, not only was she extremely arrogant, she had the nerve to laugh in my face after a problem I had with my car. If you haven't gone here since freshman year and haven't had your own little clique, good luck finding a group of friends who are nice enough to talk to you out of class..
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013