StudentsReview :: Roger Williams University - Comments and Student Experiences

Amherst College -- Amherst, MA
University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

Roger Williams University

I have never attended this college, however, IBusiness - Management and Administration
I have never attended this college, however, I will do so in Fall. So far, I have a terrible experience with several offices on the University. I have attended several universities and community colleges already, and I have never saw such highly buraucratic structure. I don't know about the educational services that the school provide, but as far as the technical services (financial aid, housing, admissions, etc) that they provide, I would say that it ain't going to be a surprise if they drive their students into insanity.

This school should have its accredential revoked when you look at their services to incoming students. If it isn't because the school provides thousands of students with an education each year, I would totally recommend a takeover of the school by the State of Rhode Island.

Several examples can be used to illustrate my ideas. First, the Housing Office and the Financial Aid Office always fail to meet the deadlines When I first apply for Housing, they failed to provide me with the tuberculosis form as part of the application. They even told me to forget about it and we will fix the problem later! They think that my application fees are a joke and that I deserve a headache as I find out that I have a positive TB test a few days toward moving in. Secondly, when they said to mail the notification to whether I have been given an apartment space in the beginning of July. Yet, even one month after the promised date, I still do not know whether I have my living space reserved. The financial aid is even worse--they like to make jokes a lot.

I started out applying for financial aid and they wanted me to talk to a counselor regarding to my maximum loan limit. I talked to them almost two months ago and they told me that a cousenlor will get back to me. Yet, the Office did not even respond to me after I have called them two more times at a later time. Now that I have talked to a counselor who prepared for me the Finanancial Aid Award Letter, they told me that I will have to wait 5 to 7 weeks before they can send me the letter through mail (At other schools, it takes the financial aid office not weeks, but 3-5 days to mail out the letter).Go to other schools--RIC URI BROWN--but avoid RWU because you will have to wait for a long time before they pick up your call

I came into this school as all other
I came into this school as all other students came into this school, with a sense of optimism... that it may be a small school, but atleast I'm going to get a great education and have a great time, I mean.... I am near the ocean. Well little did I know, I would be living in run down jail cell that was falling apart. Maintainance was always late, the campus looks like the aftermath of a mass riot, the city is a pit, the place just feels cold. It's not comforting nor welcoming. You'll be counting down the days til you leave. I cannot believe I ended up here. Don't make the same mistake I did. The tour fooled me, as well the location. The teachers are overated. Half my teachers were foriegn and I couldn't understand a thing they said. Although I did have a few ok teachers.... it still wasn't worth 30k. So yea, I don't have much good to say about this broken spirited school. Almost half of the friends I had down there are transfering and the other half want to. It's not the place to be.
Do not come to Roger Williams Law School.Not so brightOther
Do not come to Roger Williams Law School. I spent four miserable years at this school, studied my ass off to earn decent grades, and still haven't received even an interview, much less any job offers. Only go to this school if you like arrogant professors and classmates, inconsiderate admins, stuck-up bitches, horrible quality, constant calls to donate money, and even WORSE job prospects than you had as a high school graduate.
Starting Job: burger maker; Preparedness: F Reputation: F

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→