StudentsReview :: Roger Williams University - Comments and Student Experiences

Amherst College -- Amherst, MA
University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

Roger Williams University

I transferred into Roger Williams hoping to findNot so brightEnglish
I transferred into Roger Williams hoping to find a school which cared about their students and wanted every one of them to do well without setting impossibly high standards which, unless you are a TOTAL loser and spend all your time in the deep dark lairs which Roger Williams call their dorm rooms, you cannot achieve. I feel that RWU prides itself on failing students- it seems to me that they it makes them feel good about themselves that they have won another victory everytime they manage to outsmart their students. I have NEVER taken a test that i would consider straightforward. The tests at this school are filled to the brim with trick questions and misleading choices for answers, and overall are designed to confuse you to death. When it comes to finals, i have NEVER seen people more stressed out than finals week at RWU. It seems they make it a goal to out-do their previous tests every semester. I think professors get a sick thrill out of watching their students stress over these tests. Enough about that...

Onto social life. Simple- there is NONE. Unless you join a fraternity or sorority, you willl NOT be able to find a social life, and you just about have to leave campus any time you want to experience any of it. Notice i said "fraternity or sorority" and not "housing groups." Yes, housing groups... nowhere else in the world will you encounter these greek letter-wearing groups which do absolutely nothing to earn them and have a total lack of tradition. They prey on young incoming freshmen falsely fronting their greek letters causing them to question which groups are fraternities and which are not, a question which is not encountered at any other instution of which i have ever heard. To move on... beyond the greek system, there is no social life. The town is a ghost-town. There is one small movie theater in "downtown" Bristol and an outlet mall 15 miles from the school. If you are looking for night life or any life at all, avoid this place!So my overall point is if you are looking for life-fulfilling, fun-filled, enjoyable college experience, RWU is NOT the place for you. Do like I should have done and RUN AWAY! Unless you would like to live life in a bubble for the next four years of your life, look somewhere else. However, if lack of a social life, teachers who enjoy failing students, and complete boredom interest you, then RWU is the place for you!

2nd Year Female -- Class 2006
I've always sworn that if I could sueComputer Science
I've always sworn that if I could sue for my tuition money back, I would do so. Hind sight always being 20/20 I realize I should have quit this school and looked elsewhere - even losing a whole year of study would haven been worth it to attend a program with a better focus on their students, instead of the cosmetic and superficial appearance of the school at large (why pray tell do they have a 2 MILLION dollar President's mansion, and lack luster of professors?) It's just such a shame that what went on INSIDE of it when I was there was so disappointing. I've heard that things will turn around with a new President, once they get rid of Nirschel, but they have got a LOT of work to do to regain confindence in their school from me. Honestly, I list this degree just as proof I completed something - but in all reality, I'm still embarrased by it.
I am a professional artist, yes the realArt & Design Department
I am a professional artist, yes the real thing. I live in NY NY. Roger Williams is a joke. The Faculty are not real artists, just left over trash from the 70's. No one there has an ounce of skill or talent. Most of the student population consists of immature, rich, pot heads. You will learn nothing here. After I graduated with a 3.9, I went else were, and got the education that I needed to make a living 100% from art.
Compare RWUSave RWU