StudentsReview :: Roger Williams University - Comments and Student Experiences

Amherst College -- Amherst, MA
University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

Roger Williams University

I just finished my first year at Roger

Jun 21 2012Communications
I just finished my first year at Roger Williams and I can honestly say it has been one of the best years of my life. I've met a lot of different people this year and made a lot of great friends. Mostly everyone is friendly and outgoing. The campus is beautiful in the spring and there is always something to do. There's always something to do on the weekends, but there is no greek life. There are a lot of attractive boys at Roger, especially the lax and soccer boys.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Individual Value: A+, Surrounding City: B+

I have recently finished my freshman year as

May 22 2012Engineering Department
I have recently finished my freshman year as an Engineering major and I can honestly say Engineering and Architecture are the only programs that are challenging and are worth the time at RWU but not the money! You learn engineering through a theory based curriculum instead of hands on. I am transferring out of RWU due to the cost and lack of extracurricular activities. The $45000 tuition is by far not worth it. If you wanna pay an extra 20 grand for great food then go ahead but its just not worth the cost. If your not in Engineering or Architecture your classes will be like high school all over again. You will also find clicks beginning to form a few months into the semester making you feel like you never left high school. Good luck cooperating with the ladies at the financial aid office too. There are plenty of tools at RWU just like every other school but if you be yourself you can find some chill people. If or when you plan to transfer out of RWU make sure you start early. Keeping your grades up while creating your transfer application is a lot of work. The professors are smart and nice and will help you with most anything. If your rich or a minority (the school gives so much aid to minorities) or wanting to enjoy an easy ride through college then RWU is the school for you. Hello UMASS!!!
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Campus Maintenance: A+, Campus Aesthetics: D-

Okay, let me just start off by saying

Aug 14 2012Accounting
Okay, let me just start off by saying that I didn't NOT have a good time at RWU. In fact, it was a pretty fun four years but let me just say that this school did not help me at all to get where I am right now.

Their career center is useless, sorry to say. I had to find my own internship to graduate and had to argue with my (also useless) internship adviser in order for my internship to be approved. Patricia Finn I believe was her name. Not sure who she sucked up to but the woman needs to be re-trained because she was not helpful whatsoever. If anything she made the experience so much worse. Honestly, the lady needs to be fired.

The classes, professors, and students are actually bearable. My freshman year was a little rough and I got off on a bad start but it turned around and now that I look back on it, it really wasn't that bad. The main point of this review is to state that if you want to graduate and gain a job after you graduate, you better do it independently. I received no help in gaining my career. Even my work study job, that I worked at for four years and they hire an intern every summer, would not hire me. They even refused to give my current employer a reference and I had to seek elsewhere.

So overall, RWU needs to be a bit more attentive to their students when it comes to after graduation. I found a job after being graduated for two months. (No thanks to RWU). Also, I have not even HEARD from them in these past two months. Unless it is for an alumni donation, or course! No follow-up from any of my advisers or professors since they obviously can't be bothered.I hate how this review seems so negative, which even though it is, I don't want to scare people off from this school because it isn't bad but they just need to prepare and assist their students (who pay A LOT of money to attend RWU). They seem to be more interested in paying their shuttle drivers overtime for leaving 5 minutes early or showing up 10 minutes late, than they do about student agenda. Which is sad.

Preparedness: B- Reputation: B+