StudentsReview :: Roger Williams University - Comments and Student Experiences

Amherst College -- Amherst, MA
University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

Roger Williams University

If you're applying to the engineering or architecture

Mar 25 2012Unknown
If you're applying to the engineering or architecture school, refrain from reading the reveiws on here and talk to someone that goes to one of those two colleges within the university, rather than reading online. On here, you'll get a lot of jaded people from the business school that think they know everything about post-secondary education. Fact is, they don't. The engineering program here is SUPER intimate, none of my classes were over 35 people, and the higher you go, the smaller it gets.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: B

I was a marketing major with a work

Jan 12 2012Business - Management and Administration
I was a marketing major with a work study job on campus in the marketing communications department and I had an off campus job. I still managed to be on the executive board of a org I joined my freshman year and hang out with my friends when I wanted.

Coming from the south to RI, with no knowledge of what to expect I wouldn't change a thing.
People mentioned the lack of diversity but it didn't bother me. My focus was my education and the small classes, faculty attention and the administration helped me every bit of the way.

Starting Job: Web Designer Preparedness: B Reputation: -

I have recently finished my freshman year as

May 22 2012Engineering Department
I have recently finished my freshman year as an Engineering major and I can honestly say Engineering and Architecture are the only programs that are challenging and are worth the time at RWU but not the money! You learn engineering through a theory based curriculum instead of hands on. I am transferring out of RWU due to the cost and lack of extracurricular activities. The $45000 tuition is by far not worth it. If you wanna pay an extra 20 grand for great food then go ahead but its just not worth the cost. If your not in Engineering or Architecture your classes will be like high school all over again. You will also find clicks beginning to form a few months into the semester making you feel like you never left high school. Good luck cooperating with the ladies at the financial aid office too. There are plenty of tools at RWU just like every other school but if you be yourself you can find some chill people. If or when you plan to transfer out of RWU make sure you start early. Keeping your grades up while creating your transfer application is a lot of work. The professors are smart and nice and will help you with most anything. If your rich or a minority (the school gives so much aid to minorities) or wanting to enjoy an easy ride through college then RWU is the school for you. Hello UMASS!!!
1st Year Male -- Class 2015