StudentsReview :: Roger Williams University - Comments and Student Experiences

Amherst College -- Amherst, MA
University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

Roger Williams University

this is a beautiful school on Mt hope

Oct 29 2014Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
this is a beautiful school on Mt hope bay and they will sell you and your families to ensure your money. but what they won't tell you is that it's all a scam. I lived in a cold dark and moldy room my freshman year. nothing was ever done about this btoken and disgusting dorm building. I was treated like a child by most adults I met like I didn't matter. on top of that the average kid at this school is rich, white and dumb. also this year I got another room with mold in the heater and I have to take a shuttle to class which never seems to be on time. lastly public "safety" will he watching your every move and will search your room without a second though. they don't care about your privacy or education. they want the parents money and the glory of having a "pretty school".
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Individual Value: F
Feb 28 2014Engineering Department
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment

You can choose any major,except for Engineering. run for your life

2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Useful Schoolwork: B+, Individual Value: F

I am about to enter my second semester

Jan 19 2014Undecided
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I am about to enter my second semester at Roger Williams University and I wish that I had gone anywhere else but here. First of all, they lure you in with the perfectly manicured lawns and beautiful vistas. I will give the school that, it is a gorgeous campus; however, its beauty does not balance out the fact that this school is a waste of your time and money.

Basically my work load is so underwhelming that I am paying for an extremely expensive gym membership. My 14 year old brother easily has more homework than I do, and from what I understand more thought-provoking class discussions than what I've endured over the last semester. Is it a new thing to not participate in class? There has been more than one class where it is just the Prof and I having a conversation while the rest of my classmates sit there drooling on themselves not even aware what day it is. Sometimes I think that some of my fellow students need to be reminded how to breathe. I have had some of the worst professors of my life at this school. I feel like my intellect is decreasing every second I spend here.

If you consider yourself a person that thrives off of being around strong and independent individuals then do not even consider this school for another second. I have never been more frustrated being around others than I have been at RWU. I am living with children. This college is more or less high school, except you cannot leave. And the immaturity does not stop with the Freshman class! There are plenty of upperclassmen that should still be in diapers for all I'm concerned.

I wish someone would explain to me why on Earth this school is nicknamed "Rager" Williams because let me riddle you this, the parties are some of the stupidest gatherings I have ever wasted my time at. Basically, a party at this school entails drinking in a dorm room that you are stuffed into and forced to stand around looking at all of the idiots around you because nobody is ever interested in actually socializing. Every time I get dragged out I always see girls who are apparently impervious to the elements and walking around in no clothes. I'm sorry but don't these people have friends to tell them they look absurd? Going out is a waste of beauty sleep and make-up.

I find it ridiculous that this school claims to have 5,000 students. WHERE ARE THEY ALL? Every weekend the campus is completely dead because basically everyone who can escape (you cant have a car first year) flees to go hang out with their significant other at URI.

The town of Bristol is quaint, quiet, and windy as all hell. Beautiful sea town with a lot of patriotic history; however, it is unbelievably boring. Although there is a great nail salon right in town that has single handedly saved my sanity at this god awful institution.

The public transit (RIPTA) is the worst creation of all time. It is either 10 minutes early or 30-40 minutes late. Rhode Island is the size of a Wheat Thin, how hard is it to make it on time to the stops?

Providence is cool if you have something already planned out, if not, you just end up spending too much money on pointless bullshit in order to mask the unhappiness you feel attending this school.

Ultimately, I am transferring after the second semester. This school has a terrible freshman year retention rate and now I understand why. So far, they have done nothing in their power to make me want to stay. I cannot wait to attend a real college and begin feeling like I am doing something worth while with my time.

Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F