StudentsReview :: Salve Regina University - Comments and Student Experiences

Providence College -- Providence, RI
University of Rhode Island -- Kingston, RI

Salve Regina University

Honestly a terrible, terrible school to go to

May 29 2014Accounting
Honestly a terrible, terrible school to go to if you do not plan on playing a sport. Academics are a joke as its mostly just sports players looking to cheat the system. Actual intelligence has no benefit on your gpa, but rather which course you can cheat on the most to get a better grade in. Students benefit more from taking classes taught by professors that give out easy A's. These classes quickly get filled up by athletes who get first choice during registration. Also if you aren't used to being around rich people then look elsewhere.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Scholastic Success: F

I've learned to love the small-school atmosphere, even

Nov 25 2013English
I've learned to love the small-school atmosphere, even though I was weary about it at first. It provides so many more opportunities for me, and other students. It's very hard to be "just a student" here, and I like that. I think the experience that the university provides is far more important than an ivy league reputation when entering the workforce.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Campus Aesthetics: B+

I can't express how thankful I am that

Dec 01 2013Communications
I can't express how thankful I am that I attend Salve Regina. As a junior at the University, my entire life has changed -- and I am headed everywhere I wanted to go. If you asked me what I thought of this college when I was a freshman I would have told you to RUN! I hated everything -- and I have to say, I still feel sorry for the freshman here. Salve isn't your typical school, freshman year is weird -- something that is common for most students who attend college in Rhode Island. If you can get passed freshman year you are in for the best time. The school is growing in prestige and it really is an awesome place to get an education. Beautiful buildings, the Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop and the Catholic church bells that ring every hour on campus really create an ideal "ivy-esque" feel. I love my professors. The Communications/Journalism department is amazing -- I have learned so much about the media industry and am already interning with marketing companies ( I'm only a junior). I'll be going abroad this semester, another experience that Salve has opened up for me. Living off campus in Newport is amazing. Who else can say that their first home was in Newport? or that they go bar/house hopping in Newport. No other college is like it and that's why it's tough when students start comparing their experience to that of someone at Syracuse -- they're just totally different. I love my friends here and yeah there are things that still tick me off about the school, but trust me if you ask any college student they'll tell you the same thing.All in all it's a great school and I cant wait to have a degree from this place. If you're thinking of coming here you really should. Salve helps to make everything super affordable and since it is a young school they work hard to make sure that each of their "soon-to-be" alumni will become powerful entities in the workforce to help build the university's name.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015