StudentsReview :: Salve Regina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Rhode Island -- Kingston, RI

Salve Regina University

Salve is a small

Sep 14 2013English
Salve is a small university where students have the chance to be heavily involved in campus life. A sense of community permeates everyday life at Salve. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B+

I came to Salve under the impression that

Oct 30 2013Business - Management and Administration
I came to Salve under the impression that they had rigorous classes and high academic standards. Instead, I found a continuation of high school -- little challenge, petty students disrespecting professors, and little imagination. Since they charge an arm and a leg (>30k for tuition) and there is little to show for it besides the view, I'm scared that I have handicapped myself for grad school and any professional career...while piling up loans. I have heard the horror stories of students who made A's here not getting into any but the most mediocre grad schools.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F

Personally love the school

Sep 14 2013Sociology
Personally love the school. I have found many people who have similar interests as me. I have deffinatly succeeded leadership wise. However, I wish the school was more diverse. Little things bother me, like the music that is played in wakehurst could be more diverse. Its okay to switch it up from top 100 all the time. The one complaint that i do have is this. I feel like I could have recieved similar or even better quality education somewhere else, like a small state school, where i coyld have gone for free. Sometimes I feel as though professors do not put the needs of the students first, expecially those with disabilitiea. We are seen as "more work" that they need to do. I wish there were classes that worked at a slower pase. Its not that students who have dissabilities are not smart enough to do the work. It just takes us longer to understand the material. Many professors are not patient with us.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015