StudentsReview :: Salve Regina University - Comments and Student Experiences

Providence College -- Providence, RI
University of Rhode Island -- Kingston, RI

Salve Regina University

I can't express how thankful I am thatQuite BrightCommunications
I can't express how thankful I am that I attend Salve Regina. As a junior at the University, my entire life has changed -- and I am headed everywhere I wanted to go. If you asked me what I thought of this college when I was a freshman I would have told you to RUN! I hated everything -- and I have to say, I still feel sorry for the freshman here. Salve isn't your typical school, freshman year is weird -- something that is common for most students who attend college in Rhode Island. If you can get passed freshman year you are in for the best time. The school is growing in prestige and it really is an awesome place to get an education. Beautiful buildings, the Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop and the Catholic church bells that ring every hour on campus really create an ideal "ivy-esque" feel. I love my professors. The Communications/Journalism department is amazing -- I have learned so much about the media industry and am already interning with marketing companies ( I'm only a junior). I'll be going abroad this semester, another experience that Salve has opened up for me. Living off campus in Newport is amazing. Who else can say that their first home was in Newport? or that they go bar/house hopping in Newport. No other college is like it and that's why it's tough when students start comparing their experience to that of someone at Syracuse -- they're just totally different. I love my friends here and yeah there are things that still tick me off about the school, but trust me if you ask any college student they'll tell you the same thing.All in all it's a great school and I cant wait to have a degree from this place. If you're thinking of coming here you really should. Salve helps to make everything super affordable and since it is a young school they work hard to make sure that each of their "soon-to-be" alumni will become powerful entities in the workforce to help build the university's name.
more→Dec 01 2013
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, University Resource Use: B+
I've learned to love the small-school atmosphere, evenQuite BrightEnglish
I've learned to love the small-school atmosphere, even though I was weary about it at first. It provides so many more opportunities for me, and other students. It's very hard to be "just a student" here, and I like that. I think the experience that the university provides is far more important than an ivy league reputation when entering the workforce.
more→Nov 26 2013
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Campus Aesthetics: B+
I came to Salve under the impression thatBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I came to Salve under the impression that they had rigorous classes and high academic standards. Instead, I found a continuation of high school -- little challenge, petty students disrespecting professors, and little imagination. Since they charge an arm and a leg (>30k for tuition) and there is little to show for it besides the view, I'm scared that I have handicapped myself for grad school and any professional career...while piling up loans. I have heard the horror stories of students who made A's here not getting into any but the most mediocre grad schools.
more→Oct 30 2013