StudentsReview ™ :: Salve Regina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Rhode Island -- Kingston, RI

Salve Regina University

Salve is a small

Sep 14 2013English
Salve is a small university where students have the chance to be heavily involved in campus life. A sense of community permeates everyday life at Salve. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B+

Personally love the school

Sep 14 2013Sociology
Personally love the school. I have found many people who have similar interests as me. I have deffinatly succeeded leadership wise. However, I wish the school was more diverse. Little things bother me, like the music that is played in wakehurst could be more diverse. Its okay to switch it up from top 100 all the time. The one complaint that i do have is this. I feel like I could have recieved similar or even better quality education somewhere else, like a small state school, where i coyld have gone for free. Sometimes I feel as though professors do not put the needs of the students first, expecially those with disabilitiea. We are seen as "more work" that they need to do. I wish there were classes that worked at a slower pase. Its not that students who have dissabilities are not smart enough to do the work. It just takes us longer to understand the material. Many professors are not patient with us.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Individual Value: A+, Campus Maintenance: B-

Salve needs more of a male prescence

Sep 14 2013Communications
Salve needs more of a male prescence. Too many girls are stuck up and mean. I wasn't used to that. I don't know if its because they are rich or just not brought up right. The accapela group was exclusive and I don't think any club should be denying students who would like to join. New Miley is great, but lines are longer and no one has time to wait in line when classes are scheduled back to back with an hour break. Financial aid is very helpful and the staff is amazing for the most part. It shouldn't be a requirement to take a language.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016