StudentsReview :: Salve Regina University - Comments and Student Experiences

Providence College -- Providence, RI
University of Rhode Island -- Kingston, RI

Salve Regina University

Salve needs more of a male prescence.Quite BrightCommunications
Salve needs more of a male prescence. Too many girls are stuck up and mean. I wasn't used to that. I don't know if its because they are rich or just not brought up right. The accapela group was exclusive and I don't think any club should be denying students who would like to join. New Miley is great, but lines are longer and no one has time to wait in line when classes are scheduled back to back with an hour break. Financial aid is very helpful and the staff is amazing for the most part. It shouldn't be a requirement to take a language.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A-, Extracurricular Activities: C
We are spending aSuper BrilliantPsychology
We are spending a lot of money on things that do not need to be fixed when things that actually do are being ignored, like the library roof.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Friendliness: A+, Campus Maintenance: D+
I am a secondary education and history majorQuite BrightEducation
I am a secondary education and history major at salve regina. I love my professors and my classes are okay, not too challenging but they get the point across so I will become a good teacher. The academics are fine but they do not offer enough electives to finish your intended major the way that you want to and there is a lack of professors, maybe 3 or 4 history professors with one being the department head.

My problem with the school is the campus life. If you are a girl and you are being harassed or something happens to you...forget going to campus life because they do nothing about it. I was being harassed and they simply put in a no contact order and nothing else happened to the kid. This was after going to my RAs multiple times about his behavior. The only person that did do something was my boyfriend who threatened him. They then proceeded to to ban him from campus indefinitely even though they did not interview anyone except for the person threatened (who was harassing me) and his girlfriend who was not even present for any of the events. They did not reprimand the kid that was harassing me at all and it was not even a slap on the wrist not to do it again.

Campus life is extremely hard to talk to as they never pick up the phone, they never respond to emails and they always tell you that they have to talk to other people before they can give you an answer...if they have to talk to so many other people what is campus life there to do besides get paid for doing absolutely nothing.

My case was not the first case that was swept under the rug either. They discourage girls from going to the police to keep their school crime rate down so that parents feel safe sending their child there. But dont be fooled, there are plenty of crimes on campus that simply will not be reported because of the sexist males that they place in the campus life authority seats. Needless to say I would like to transfer but Salve offers a lot of financial aid and some students, like me, are forced to stick it out to get a degree and then never come back again.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015