StudentsReview ™ :: Salve Regina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Rhode Island -- Kingston, RI

Salve Regina University

If you would like

Dec 05 2012Archaeology
If you would like a social life while at Salve Regina University, you might as well go to another school. You have to go out of your way to make friends here and most of the students that attend are just not worth the effort.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A, Useful Schoolwork: D-

I am currently a senior in high school

Nov 14 2012Biology
I am currently a senior in high school and visited Salve Regina last month. Visiting the campus, I wasn't too thrilled at all.

To me, the campus is very important when I pick a school.
CAMPUS:
The buildings are very spread out from each other, so be prepared to do A LOT of walking. Getting lost is also very easy - not too many people are willing to help you. I wasn't too fond of the way the buildings were spread out; I wish they were relatively closer to one another. But then again, that's just my personal preference.

The buildings, on the outside, are very old, unique, and look like castles.
When visiting the Biology/Lab classrooms, I WAS NOT happy at all. The classrooms looked like middle school rooms, they were filthy, small, and messy! The equipment did not look high-tech at all, and there were more than enough fish tanks everywhere.

The science teachers were not at all what I expected. They had thick, hard-to-understand accents, and seem uneducated in what they were speaking about - which could be a barrier when you learn.

The library was tiny! If you've ever visited Quinnipiac, you've seen the hundreds of books and computers they offer to their students, whereas Salve had around 20. Not a fan.

DORMS:
The dorms were what I expected. They had a new freshman hall, which was very nice.
PEOPLE:
When I visited, all I saw were girls, girls, girls, and more girls - everywhere. I probably saw about 5 boys upon my three hour visit.

This school lacks diversity, that's for sure. Majority of the people who attend are white and rich. Most likely their parents pay for everything. They are snobby and obnoxious. The only boys I saw from Salve were loud and rude, and acted as if they were still in high school.

I saw no asians, and about two blacks visiting the school.Overall, I didn't like Salve at all. Not applying.

Honestly, I hate all of the students at

Aug 21 2012Criminal
Honestly, I hate all of the students at Salve. All the guys are tools trying to get laid, and all the girls are boy crazy and terrible drunks. Honestly save your time and go to a different school that actually has social events. Walking down the main road through campus on a friday night or saturday night, and seeing how dead everything is, is so annoying. Majority of students transfer after one year.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015