StudentsReview :: Salve Regina University - Comments and Student Experiences

Providence College -- Providence, RI
University of Rhode Island -- Kingston, RI

Salve Regina University

I went to Salve last year and wasAverageNursing
I went to Salve last year and was a nursing major. I thought that the nursing program was challenging and probably one of the better majors available on campus but definitely not worth paying the absurd amount of money to go there. Aside from academics, after one semester there I decided the school was not for me at all. I did not enjoy my freshman year at all and it was definitely not what I had expected at all. I chose the school because of the location instead of doing thorough research on the school. The only good thing that came out of my one year there was my roommate. The people at Salve need a serious reality check if they want to make it in the real world. I was able to find some very genuine people but the majority of people I met I did not want to associate with them at all. My advice if you are interested in going to Salve is look at every aspect the school has to offer. If you are going for a generic major that is offered at other colleges check out other colleges. If you are really interested in nursing or education check out Salve because they have good programs. Fortunately I transferred my sophomore year and I could not be any happier to have moved on from Salve and I am actually in an institution filled with open minded people which I believe is what a college should be. Salve is essentially a glorified boarding school filled with students who need to be introduced to the real world and not have a limo take them home when the school year is over.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Maintenance: A, Collaboration/Competitive: F
Salve's an average school.BrightUndecided
Salve's an average school. Academics are good but not nearly worth as much as you pay for them. You'll like Salve if you basically enjoy the idea of a practically all white, all catholic, all girl, all nursing, all rich, and private, expensive, and mediocre school. Newport is great yeah...if you have $100 spending money everyday to experience downtown. Doesn't seem like I'm open minded and unbiased, right? I read reviews about Salve being a small minded and overated school.I said to hell with it, college is what you make it. I learned the hard way. Good luck making college "your own" while surrounded by almost all condescending or confused girls 24/7, paying absurd amounts of money to live by a beach that is covered in snow half the time.... and knowing almost all of your student body by the 2nd semester. It's high school all over again, and thats what some people want, more power to you. Oh yeah the mascot is a seahawk and every male on a DIII team is convinced they're getting drafted to the NBA, MLB, or NFL. Choice is yours.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A, Education Quality: F
I don?t like much of anything about thisQuite BrightArt & Design Department
I don?t like much of anything about this school and that is why I am going to transfer by next year. Most the girls here are bitches who will be fake nice when they talk to you, but the minute you?re out of the room, they will talk shit about you. And most of the 2 guys you have in each class are either assholes or gay. This school is very cliquey, and so undiverese, it?s disgusting. Most people are the same here, no one dares to be different and if you are, they look down upon you. The only good thing about this school are the teachers, and in my case, the art teachers is awesome. Don?t get fooled by the pretty senery!
1st Year Female -- Class 2016