StudentsReview :: Salve Regina University - Comments and Student Experiences

Providence College -- Providence, RI
University of Rhode Island -- Kingston, RI

Salve Regina University

This school was the school of my dreams,Quite BrightEducation
This school was the school of my dreams, however, I only could research so much before coming here. Now that I am here my eyes have been opened to many things. I will start with the positive. For one, my education department is amazing. The professors are so helpful, and although at times they may give us seemingly ridiculous, and to some impossible tasks, all-in-all they are very knowledgable and helpful. The students at Salve are usually very nice, and while of course many of them are snobs, you will usually end up finding those kind of people everywhere you go. My biggest problem with Salve is safety and the politeness of the administration. While I will not point any fingers or name any names, in particular one certain administrator proved to not be helpful at all to my family or myself, and was quite rude instead. The administration should learn how to speak respectfully when talking to parents concerned with their child's safety rather than belittle them. After all the parent is paying about $200,000 for the child to be educated AND safe. Salve may claim to be a safe campus, and while yes it is probably much safer to walk around Salve at night than Newport, Salve's three or however many limited blue lights are honestly the weakest form of safety. Let's stop and think about this scenario. You're alone, with no other people to walk with. No other options. And you notice some guy who definitely does not look like a student at Salve following you, I mean we live on cliff walk where anyone can walk and the city area is barely ten minutes away. What do you do? Well run to the blue light of course! Ok, so you get to the blue light and hit the button, security is alerted. Now what? He's right behind you, and you're now waiting for security. So you just stand at the blue light..and wait. And when the follower finally gets to you you say.."hey, sorry time out, you lose I got to the blue light first". And he replies " oh man you're right", and calmly walks away. Because that sounds like a realistic scenario. Step up your safety game Salve, and stop telling concerned parents they have a screed sense of safety. Furthermore, Salve needs better warnings. The number of times random men have been around my dorm is ridiculous. Just today some "electrician" guys needed to measure our heaters. No warning. And they have the key to our room. So if I am in the shower and they walk in and I am unaware, then what happens? Safety first Salve.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: D-
Personally love the school.BrightSociology
Personally love the school. I have found many people who have similar interests as me. I have deffinatly succeeded leadership wise. However, I wish the school was more diverse. Little things bother me, like the music that is played in wakehurst could be more diverse. Its okay to switch it up from top 100 all the time. The one complaint that i do have is this. I feel like I could have recieved similar or even better quality education somewhere else, like a small state school, where i coyld have gone for free. Sometimes I feel as though professors do not put the needs of the students first, expecially those with disabilitiea. We are seen as "more work" that they need to do. I wish there were classes that worked at a slower pase. Its not that students who have dissabilities are not smart enough to do the work. It just takes us longer to understand the material. Many professors are not patient with us.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Individual Value: A+, Campus Maintenance: B-
If you would likeBrightArchaeology
If you would like a social life while at Salve Regina University, you might as well go to another school. You have to go out of your way to make friends here and most of the students that attend are just not worth the effort.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015