StudentsReview :: Salve Regina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Rhode Island -- Kingston, RI

Salve Regina University

Dec 15 2014Education
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I transferred to Salve as a sophomore. I had no problem finding a great group of friends. You definitely need to spend at least one year living on campus to meet people and find your friends. Academically, Salve is great and very competitive. Your professors want to see you succeed. They are one of the best resources that Salve has. Your classes are small, and you will be known. Salve is a small school, so it only will appeal to students interested in a small setting. Socially, it is whatever you make it. It definitely gets better once you're 21, as Newport is a bar town. Overall, I never want my years at Salve to end.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Useful Schoolwork: C
Dec 01 2013Communications
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I can't express how thankful I am that I attend Salve Regina. As a junior at the University, my entire life has changed -- and I am headed everywhere I wanted to go. If you asked me what I thought of this college when I was a freshman I would have told you to RUN! I hated everything -- and I have to say, I still feel sorry for the freshman here. Salve isn't your typical school, freshman year is weird -- something that is common for most students who attend college in Rhode Island. If you can get passed freshman year you are in for the best time. The school is growing in prestige and it really is an awesome place to get an education. Beautiful buildings, the Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop and the Catholic church bells that ring every hour on campus really create an ideal "ivy-esque" feel. I love my professors. The Communications/Journalism department is amazing -- I have learned so much about the media industry and am already interning with marketing companies ( I'm only a junior). I'll be going abroad this semester, another experience that Salve has opened up for me. Living off campus in Newport is amazing. Who else can say that their first home was in Newport? or that they go bar/house hopping in Newport. No other college is like it and that's why it's tough when students start comparing their experience to that of someone at Syracuse -- they're just totally different. I love my friends here and yeah there are things that still tick me off about the school, but trust me if you ask any college student they'll tell you the same thing.All in all it's a great school and I cant wait to have a degree from this place. If you're thinking of coming here you really should. Salve helps to make everything super affordable and since it is a young school they work hard to make sure that each of their "soon-to-be" alumni will become powerful entities in the workforce to help build the university's name.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, University Resource Use: B+
Nov 25 2013English
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I've learned to love the small-school atmosphere, even though I was weary about it at first. It provides so many more opportunities for me, and other students. It's very hard to be "just a student" here, and I like that. I think the experience that the university provides is far more important than an ivy league reputation when entering the workforce.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016