StudentsReview ™ :: Bob Jones University - Comments and Student Experiences

Liberty University -- Lynchburg, VA
Pensacola Christian College -- Pensacola, FL
West Liberty State College -- West Liberty, WV

Bob Jones University

The school is aimed at the devote and

Aug 05 2013Physics
The school is aimed at the devote and separated church goers, and that is just fine. However, Bob Jones University's lack of regional accreditation makes the value and portability of their degree programs nothing more that religious flavored ego driven theft of these deeply committed Christians. The school's administration pretend to offer a fine education while systematically devaluing their kind and devoted students efforts through their complete incompetence in retaining the proper staff and ability to meet the minimum standards of a regional accredited program. The fact that "TRACS" is even listed as an excuse of a "accreditation" qualifications exposes the school for the snake oil sales people they have become.

The school has hurt so many of the well meaning students and parents that have paid their high tutions and followed their restrictive student rules to find that they cannot get into any normal grad school program and many professions due to their lack of regional accreditation. They spoil any Christian credibility with their pathetic efforts to plan and respond to this issue. Your degree from Bob Jones University is worth very little outside of the tiny ecosystem of South Carolina.

5th Year Male -- Class 1998
Faculty Accessibility: B, Education Quality: F

I went to BJU for four years

Jul 10 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
I went to BJU for four years. I had one negative encounter with the Dean of Men during my first weeks there, and I feel this stigmatized me with the "higher up" administration for my remaining time there. Nevertheless, I found my division faculty friendly, engaging, and constructive. They routinely challenged me as an individual. Recently BJU has gained a negative following on the internet. All I can say is "haters gonna hate". BJU is far from perfect, but no college is. Most of the people posting negative comments about the school are either (a) ignorant of the facts or (b) looking for a reason to down the university.
4th Year Male -- Class 2008
Scholastic Success: A+, Individual Value: C

The character building was

May 09 2013English
The character building was absolutely a positive influence in my life and future occupation. I owe a lot to BJU. My undergraduate education prepared me for teaching and future graduate education.
Starting Job: Teacher Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B+