StudentsReview :: Bob Jones University - Comments and Student Experiences

West Liberty State College -- West Liberty, WV

Bob Jones University

Aug 20 2014Nursing
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
It's militaristic. Lots of rules, usually to keep 1st. Time students safe. Many come from overshadowed lives .the nursing was one of the best in the country. I was prepared for any area, especially critical care. And the hospitals for clinicals had great staff. They r very I strict & controlling but that is the best way to teach for young adults far from, needing direction so they don't get into trouble.
4th Year Female -- Class 1996
Education Quality: A+, Scholastic Success: C+
Jul 05 2014Religion/Religious
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
As an alumnus of BJU let me state as emphatically as I can DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!! I went there for 4 years and got my Bachelors degree, then I went to their seminary for 5 more years and earned two masters degrees. It took me that long to finally see through their smokescreen of spirituality. With the perspective that comes from being out of 'the bubble' I now realize that BJU does not teach or practice Biblical Christianity. It is instead a suppressive and degrading system of regulations imposed on students that they call 'Christianity'. I lived this, I was even forced to enforce it as a Prayer Captain and society president. My wife and I met there, worked there and earned masters degrees there and we are now embarrassed that BJU's name is on our resume. Our degrees are also not worth anything because BJU is not accredited. Their current so-called accreditation under TRACS is utterly useless and their current attempt at legitimate accreditation under SACS won't succeed - due to a long list of shortcomings. Alumni are not sending their children to BJU because of the spiritual and emotional abuse they suffered there as students and so enrollment is shrinking. Majors are being cut, faculty and staff are being downsized and there is also the little matter of the GRACE sexual abuse investigation(due out August 31st). The sexual abuse investigation against Bob Jones has made national headlines - just google it to learn more.

Also there are now numerous Facebook sites by Bob Jones University alumni dedicated to exposing what goes on there and warning potential students to NOT enroll there. Some of them are Truth Seeking Graduates of Bob Jones, Bojo.us, Do Right BJU, BJU News, etc. The problems of BJU are too numerous to encapsulate in a student review. But I hope that what I've shared here is enough to warn potential students to stay away from this place and to warn their friends to stay away also. If you attend you WILL regret it, just like my wife and I do.

Preparedness: F Reputation: F
May 18 2014Music - Performance
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Great opportunities to grow musically. The teachers are caring and concerned for my progress.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2016