StudentsReview :: Bob Jones University - Comments and Student Experiences

Liberty University -- Lynchburg, VA
Pensacola Christian College -- Pensacola, FL
West Liberty State College -- West Liberty, WV

Bob Jones University

others say and i don't have objection to

Nov 15 2013Electrical Engineering
others say and i don't have objection to it
fuck this shit crap school
Very little freedom. Sometimes it seems more like a daycare than a college, since they have absolute control over your life

name BJU... wowALL THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ARE TRUE. I FINISHED MY ACCOUNTING PROGRAM IN 4 YEARS AND I AM FEELING SORRY FOR EVERY DAY THAT I SPENT THERE

I came in 2004 and worked 3 semesters

Oct 30 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
I came in 2004 and worked 3 semesters.Got out, looked for and got work and eventually joined the Air Force. Was enlisted for 6 years, got out and am now back for the 2013 winter semester on the GI bill. It is definitely a solid Fundamental school and very Baptist in philosophy and day to day dealings. But it is not as strict Baptist as Hyles Anderson, PCC, or The Crown College. Bob Jones actually has a more open minded mentality and staff to Biblical things than most fundamental schools which, I think is good. Prospective students should know that Bob Jones definitely does have a strong set of rules. Rules that are, for the most part, reasonable. Only a few are bothersome but you can honestly find those anywhere you go. But also don't be surprised at how open and friendly most all of the staff and faculty are here. Students who have been to secular institutions have said to me that this place has staff that really care about how you are doing. I really do like the atmosphere here. It is generally very spiritual and pleasant.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Scholastic Success: A+, Social Life: C+

I am not a BO JOer

Aug 16 2013Religion/Religious
I am not a BO JOer. I don't worship at the feet of BJU. But I do think the school re enforced my core beliefs. I think some of the faculty could have been better trained and had a wider field of experience. Many are criticizing the school. It is not the school that has changed but the world and society has left the very foundations of morality and beliefs which governed our society. Therefore, the school appears to be out of touch with the world. Many would say the say about God's Word. I am thankful that BJU has maintained its basic position and continues to resist the downward slide to a decadent society. I was at a state college before I went to BJU. The year I was at the state school, I encountered easy sex, flowing drugs and then the students burned the buildings down. I was glad to leave and get to a school where I could learn and grow in a safe and academic environment. I would not trust any other school with my children's future education. Thanks BJU. Keep it up. Stand strong in the Faith which was once delivered unto the Saints!
Starting Job: Music Dir Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B+