StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

Overall, my opinion of CCU is a good one

Dec 02 2009Unknown
Overall, my opinion of CCU is a good one. Although in the last couple years cops have been much more apparent and people get arrested often, I still party harder than most of my friends who are in college. I guess that could also be the people I chill with but it's a beautiful campus, I've liked most of my teachers, the classes are straight, and it's a good school
3rd Year Female -- Class 2011
Friendliness: A, Faculty Accessibility: D+

If you have no car it's like being

Nov 21 2009Economics
If you have no car it's like being stranded at a boring campus. Also if you like to party this schools not for you. Cops are everywhere and take everything to the extreme. Especially with marijuana, there are snitches everywhere around campus and people are getting busted left and right. I came here for a laid back environment and to receive a good education, but I feel that the school's administration is horrible and it needs to go back to the way it used to be, where people don't have to worry about getting arrested every night and kids can have fun without being miserable.
1st Year Male -- Class 2013
Campus Aesthetics: C+, Collaboration/Competitive: F

I was a business student from another part

Feb 11 2010Business - Management and Administration
I was a business student from another part of SC. I enjoyed Coastal for the most part until I witnessed academic politics firsthand. A senior professor and his buddies in the administration became jealous of a charismatic and brilliant junior professor because of his teaching awards and positive attitude toward the students. There was a consensus among the students that this young professor would be running CCU in a few years. Also, the grapevine said that the senior professor used the math help of the younger professor to advance his career without acknowledging who really did the math. Anyway, they fired the young professor and promoted the senior professor and the dean. The VP is now a President of another college out of state. It was so sad because I know all the parties involved in this travesty and the young professor was heads and shoulders above the other guys in every way. Rumor has it that the young professor sued the others and won! I transferred to a university back near home the semester after this happened, graduated and I am happy about my decision. Coastal is a good school, but I don?t know how some of the leaders can sleep at night!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2008