StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

I was shoked reading some of the otherQuite BrightHistory/Histories (art history/etc.)
I was shoked reading some of the other comments. Coastal is one of the most well maintained campus I visited before attending. The students are very friendly, and not racist. I am a Latino from Atlanta, and have never had any negative interactions with anyone, on campus or in town. The professors are great and always available. Sounds to me that the negative comments I read are not real Coastal students or are just un-happy people. How could anyone not love the beauty, the climate and the great learning environment.
1st Year Male -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B
I'm not really sure what to think ofAverageCommunications
I'm not really sure what to think of Coastal Carolina. I really think it has some up's and some down's. I absolutely love the campus it's gorgeous and the weather and location close to Myrtle Beach are a huge plus! I think there are some GREAT programs here at Coastal but I also think some are TERRIBLE ones. It's somewhat of a "hit & miss" type of college. I'm overall not too thrilled with the communication department they don't offer many classes for the major and don't really challenge you. The student body are all "the same" You're typical big boobed, blond haired, tan girl. 90% of the students here are from New Jersey. If you are from the south you will feel like you aren't even IN the south anymore that's how many northerners are here. It's a bit annoying if you ask me. There is NOTHING for students to really do "on campus" I really believe Coastal expects students to find things to do off campus which, there are a lot of but they offer NOTHING for students on campus and that is a huge problem for me as I like just being on campus and meeting people. To me the people here are friendly it's easy to meet people but...not as easy as at some other schools.
1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Campus Aesthetics: A+, University Resource Use: F
this school is such a joke.Education
this school is such a joke. i was a freshmen this year, and by the end of the first semester half of the students left. even if you decide to stay and stick it out chances are that all the friends you've made left. I am leaving now. The traffic around the area is horrible the school is in the middle of two highways 544 and 501. sure the beach is 10 miles away but by the time you get through the traffic it takes 30-45 to get to the beach. idk this school was ranked for party schools because there is none, everyone just goes to this one dinky bar. the school is crooked they do little things to rip you off but do it so you cannot blame it on them. beginning of the year and at the end of the year when i went to the bookstore i didnt realize until i left that they did not give me back my student i.d, when i went back they denied not giving it back to me. I realized i didnt have my i.d the minute i got to my car, they do that during the beginning and end of the year because they know your in a rush. the service is horrible for anyhting they take so slow. the food is disgusting i had better food in my cafeteria. the workers are mean. and the libray is SUCH a joke, people are blasting music and talking.. sure it sounds fun until you have work to do. the parking is horrible residents can only park by the dorms but commuters can park there too so theres never parking and even for commuters there is not parking. the school has no spirit whatso ever. just dont do it. its a waste of money you feel like your at a community school so you might as well just attend one and save your money.. its a GHOST town on weekends