StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

This school only cares about getting your money

Feb 22 2010Business - Management and Administration
This school only cares about getting your money and that is it. If you get in trouble off campus, you are required to pay the school at least a 100$ in classes. The school even gets police men to patrol in off campus housing neighborhoods. If you want to get in trouble with the police for hardly doing anything wrong, then this is your place to go. The only way to have fun in Myrtle Beach, is if you have plenty of money to spend. The school does not offer any extracurricular activities like they portray they do. If you don't like to party, then you will have nothing to do, and if you like to party, get ready to get into trouble, because they are looking for any person to make a mistake.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2008
Surrounding City: B, Useful Schoolwork: F

I was a business student from another part

Feb 11 2010Business - Management and Administration
I was a business student from another part of SC. I enjoyed Coastal for the most part until I witnessed academic politics firsthand. A senior professor and his buddies in the administration became jealous of a charismatic and brilliant junior professor because of his teaching awards and positive attitude toward the students. There was a consensus among the students that this young professor would be running CCU in a few years. Also, the grapevine said that the senior professor used the math help of the younger professor to advance his career without acknowledging who really did the math. Anyway, they fired the young professor and promoted the senior professor and the dean. The VP is now a President of another college out of state. It was so sad because I know all the parties involved in this travesty and the young professor was heads and shoulders above the other guys in every way. Rumor has it that the young professor sued the others and won! I transferred to a university back near home the semester after this happened, graduated and I am happy about my decision. Coastal is a good school, but I don?t know how some of the leaders can sleep at night!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2008
Social Life: B, Faculty Accessibility: D

My first impulse of the University was that

Feb 15 2010Communications
My first impulse of the University was that it was 15 minutes from the beach and close to many other amenities. When I got here I soon realized that getting to these places is challenge as coastal does not provide any public transportation to get to places such as broadway at the beach or club kryptonite (and they wonder why so many kids get DUI s at this university). While many kids are out of state many kids live off campus making campus empty on weekends. Academically I am pleased with my professors but feel that the content of the material is not stimulating and to much of a lecture at times. The kids here only talk of how wasted they were last night, it is rare when I find someone who could uphold an intelligent conversation. Since my time hear their has been no entertainment on campus and the only thing they got gong on is bingo at the cafeteria. The cops here are absolutely ridiculous as they more of a gestapo than men and woman who serve and protect. Their main goal is to bust as many parties and arrest as many kids as possible. I have never been a kid to fear the cops but living hear you learn to. Overall I believe I made a mistake coming hear and look to transfer as soon as possible.
1st Year Male -- Class 2009