StudentsReview ™ :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

I am a transfer student to coastal carolina

Sep 29 2009Communications
I am a transfer student to coastal carolina universiy and this is my first semester here! I absolutely love the campus, I love the location, I love the weather, my social life is wonderful and people to me seem VERY friendly and very open minded to meeting new people. Nobody goes home on weekends so that's a plus as well. I think the dorms at Coastal are MUCH nicer then the dorms at my other college! Though, I now live off campus I have seen the dorms.

The only real "problem" which to me is a BIG problem is that at least for MY MAJOR (communications) the program is terrible! I don't find the professors helpful at all and I really don't like the program either. The food also is VERY limited in choices (At the commons) I feel bad for the freshman.

If my program were better here I'd stay here but my education comes first so sadly I will be transferring back to my old college in the spring which, I'm not too thrilled about. If you are looking for wonderful socal scene Coastal is the place if you are looking for great helpul professors you MAY want to look elsewhere

1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Campus Aesthetics: A+, University Resource Use: F

School is alright overall

Mar 13 2009Biology
School is alright overall. I transferred here 2 years ago and I am stuck here. If I could do it over again I'd change schools in a minute. Biggest attraction is the beach, but what you don't know is its 14 miles away and the traffic to get there makes it a 40 minute drive. 75% of the student body leaves in the summer and they don't even attempt to go to the beach. I came here to surf but theres one problem...Lake Myrtle NEVER has waves, you have to drive 2 hours to get any chance of ankle-waist high in wrightsville or charleston. You'll meet some cools kids at coastal but the majority of them think they are on MTV's real world and want to act like they are gods gift. Example A: midget from Real world attends our school...enough said. Student life is pretty gay Decenzo the president has pretty much blocked everything from high fives to "games that speed up the process of intoxication". Overall don't get me wrong it has potential but for now its just ALRIGHT...
2nd Year Male -- Class 2009
Faculty Accessibility: B, Education Quality: D

CCU is a good transitioning school

Oct 02 2008Psychology
CCU is a good transitioning school. I wouldnt recommend staying here for the full four years. I certainly am not. The psych department is awesome but the other classes are boring. I go to class day after day being bored off my butt. It sounds good at first but when you are constantly bored and then nothing that you took notes on is on tests, it sucks. They are departmentalizing a lot of areas, such as math and science, which is even worse. If you do not have the teacher actually making up the tests, then you stare at your exam like its a foreign language. A lot of the teachers are good but are obviously speaking without caring whether or not we understand whats going on. I do not know if this is because of them not caring that we understand or them just having revenge on the students who feel entitled to do whatever they want. If you sign up for 15 or more credits you'll end up dropping down to 12 because you'll get a teacher who you just cant stand. The PALS classes are easy A's though and so are the FYE classes.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2011