StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

as a sophomore here, I LOVE COASTAL

Feb 04 2014Art & Design Department
as a sophomore here, I LOVE COASTAL. the faculty are great, the honors program is 100% worth it (free computer!) the classes are challenging, but not too hard. i love the visual arts program. i have a bit of trouble making friends because a looot of people are "party people" but they're still friendly! i love this school!
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Individual Value: B

So basically I've read all these reviews before

Jan 26 2014Kinesiology
So basically I've read all these reviews before I started my freshman year at Coastal. I'm in my 2nd semester now & let me tell you, do not listen to most of these reviews!! Coastal is amazing! First off, do not come here if you are not sociable, literally everyday and night I am meeting new people, from all over the country too. This school is very diverse and its awesome to meet different types of people. Secondly, if you're more into drugs than alcohol, once again...do not come to this school, you will get busted quick. Our athletics are division 1 and the tailgates are wild. The campus itself is growing at a tremendous rate from new dorms, a baseball field, a state of the art gym & classrooms. The only thing I dislike is that I do not have a car this year, but you can have a car. The professors are incredibly helpful & they all understand what happens in college lol...Choose CCU or i guess you can try another college, wont be the same though!
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: B

I went to CCU for one year

Jan 14 2014Accounting
I went to CCU for one year. I played a sport there; I loved the kids on the team. Great kids and great coaches, they made my experience at CCU enjoyable. I did have a bunch of friends that did not play sports as well. I enjoyed my time with them too. I had friends from the south as well as the north. I would say I was closer to my friends from the south because they were more like myself. My friends from the north were about partying, going to the beach, tanning and working out. Most of those kids transferred and are still in school right now in 2014(we enrolled in 2008). I was shocked though by how stupid some of the kids were and how they got into college. As a freshman I was in Calc 2 class with upper classmen that were struggling. I had an accounting class that was sophomores or junior and they were struggling basic accounting principles. To be honest coming from NY the curriculum was a joke to me. Kids were struggling with Pre-Calc and Algebra concepts. Most of my friends transferred out of CCU or dropped out. Majority of my friends who did graduate from could not find a job that was related to their major. Overall I would recommend anyone to go there.
1st Year Male -- Class 2012