StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

I have been a business student at CCU

Apr 08 2008Business - Management and Administration
I have been a business student at CCU for 3 years now and its been a crazy ride. Between social life and a demanding curriculum, you must be ready to be challenged come your 2nd year here. The first year, no matter what your major is, is relatively easy since you'll be taking the standard core classes. The 1st year of classes are like spring training classes.

If you are a phys ed major, come here. I'm not too familiar with majors other then business, but I know about 3 people who are phys ed majors. When ever I have tests or essays to do, they seem to be relaxing. I asked them one day what their schedule was and it consisted of flag football, volleyball, and all sorts of fun games. While I was taking accounting and economics, they were playing flag football and getting an equal amount of credits.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2009
Surrounding City: A+, Faculty Accessibility: B+

I agree with the posting below

Jan 18 2008Business - Management and Administration
I agree with the posting below. This school is growing too fast and its resources are not meeting the students' needs. However, I disagree about the idea that FMU is better. I was there for two semesters and it was like hell for me. There is nothing to do in Florence and the university has nothing for you. The campus is very depressing and makes everyone depressed. Professors don't have the resources to teach. When they complain they get fired. So, everyone is afraid of retaliations. Since I came here, I met many students who had the same experience at fmu and they keep coming to CCU. My father told me yesterday, fmu is losing too many students and getting in deeper financial problems. My 2cents!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2012
Scholastic Success: A+, Useful Schoolwork: D-

A lot of people have the perception that

Mar 25 2008Business - Management and Administration
A lot of people have the perception that CCU is a big time party school and that you don't learn a thing. Granted there are parties, but every single university in the world consists of students getting drunk on the weekend. Just because people party doesn't mean they're incompetent. If you want to learn business, this is a good school to go to. The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, the premier accrediting body for business colleges, accredits the business school. They have a program open to all business students that provide them the opportunity to work as an intern for various companies on the eastern seaboard. These internships are usually paid and will most likely set you up for a full time job upon graduation. The school set me up with an internship in NYC; it's been an awesome experience.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2009