StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

I'm a transfer student to this university &Not so brightCommunications
I'm a transfer student to this university & I can tell you right now that 90% of the negative things written on here are from freshman. Why? Because freshman in general have a hard time adjusting to college therefore of course they are going to bash the school when it's really just them not being able to adjust. I'm a transfer student who has SEEN another school and really can TELL YOU about the university and assure you that you likely won't find too much better then coastal: the pros & cons....

The campus is gorgeous but, all the buildings do look the same so at first be prepared to not know which building is which (it gets easier though in time) Overall though the campus is clean when it rains it floods so wear flip flops...

I find the students to honestly be a "mixed bag" and I think you'll find that anywhere....many are very friendly and approachable but there are those that think their shit don't stink and that's everywhere! But in general the students are friendly and approachable I did not have a hard time making friends.

The professors are a mixed bag as well. As a communication major I do not agree with the statement below stating that the communication department was terrible. In my opinion it really depends on the professor I've had some wonderful professors that are very approachable and I've had some that are varies (which again, is everywhere)

There is not much variety on food....I wish they'd add more dining options and another issue that I honestly have is the on campus housing. I did not like that as a transfer I had to love "off campus" You cannot live on campus unless you are a freshman. University place is "considered" on campus housing but it's like a mile down the road...and you have to drive. My opinion is they should add more residence halls or add on campus apartments.

There are lots of things to do on weekends of course Myrtle Beach & the bar scene if you are over 21. Many Many parties ...which normally are all underage freshman and normally get busted. Many people end up failing out because they party too hard. I think this is a "decent" sized party school but it's deff. not the BIGGEST party school out there.

Overall though I really am happy with my decision to transfer to Coastal Carolina. Compared to my other university I really am much more satisfied here then I was there.

on a side note: if you are looking to get a quote "southern experience" as I've heard many of my friends say....DON'T come here!!!! It's ALL northerners. I've met MAYBE 6-7 people from South Carolina. The rest are from NY,NJ,PA,MA,CT. So if you are looking to meet southern people and get a southern experience Myrtle Beach is NOT the area for that at all. VERY few southern people

also I don't know why but I guess because so many people are from the north that MANY people either "transfer in" or "transfer out" I don't see too many people or know of too many people who have been here since their freshman year & have stayed. Most transfered in or are transferring out.

If you can't handle being far from home & your from the north don't come here. The beach is nice but....the distance can be hard on many.

Overall that's my viewNeutral: good school not the BEST school but not a terrible school either.

1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Social Life: A+, Extracurricular Activities: C
This school is a joke.Quite BrightPolitical Science
This school is a joke. They accepted too many students last year and have not adjusted the class sizes to fit the new student body. It's impossible to take the classes you want. You look around and wonder how some people are even in college. Not a good education at all. You want a beach? Go to Wilmington.
1st Year Female -- Class 2009
Friendliness: A-, Education Quality: F
The people here are almost all super-rich tanorexicQuite BrightEducation
The people here are almost all super-rich tanorexic sluts who have nothing better to do than cause drama and sleep around with the drunken frat boy that thinks he's the shit. The academics are laughable; it's just busywork. The party scene sucks now with the new provost cracking down hardcore. Unless you and your entire clique plan on coming here, I'd reconsider.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013