StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

I was at FMU for two year and

Nov 11 2007Education
I was at FMU for two year and I can tell you, life at CCU is superior in many ways. The faculty, the staff, and the administration are very good. The student body is diverse and interesting. In less than six months, I have developed friendships with people from several states. At FMU, I was isolated because students there are mostly low class with no interest in studying, no idea about the World, and no life besides drugs. My 2 cents:-)
1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Scholastic Success: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

I chose Coastal because all of my friends

Nov 04 2007Business - Management and Administration
I chose Coastal because all of my friends were talking about what a "happening" place it is. They were wrong. Well, maybe, it's happening if you're from New Jersey like most of the student body. If you're from South Carolina, you will be made to feel like a second rate outsider. Run, as fast as you can, until you get to CofC, FMU, or even USC.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2009
Campus Aesthetics: B, Faculty Accessibility: F

I have transfered to CCU from FMU as

Nov 27 2007Political Science
I have transfered to CCU from FMU as well. There are many students at CCU who came from FMU. There is a huge difference between FMU and CCU:

1. FMU is about 3300 students and this number is shrinking. Most of the student population of FMU comes from poor schools with bad teachers and limited resources. These students are mostly those who don't have any other options. FMU on the other hand accepts everyone. I met people there who didn't have a single idea about the World and they had scholarships. After a year and half there, I didn't get to meet anyone from outside SC or even from any city larger than Florence. I would say, most of the students are from very small and rural cities.

2. CCU is about 8000 students. Few years ago, it was about the size of FMU. The student population of CCU comes from all over the US. In few months at CCU, I met people from NJ, NY, OH, VA, GA, MN, and many other states and countries. From my perspective, the student population makes all the difference. In addition, the administration and the faculty at CCU are superior in many ways. I am not saying CCU is perfect but I can tell you, in comparison to FMU that I know, CCU is outstanding. Good luck!!

1st Year Male -- Class 2009