StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

Coastal is a great

Nov 21 2013Psychology
Coastal is a great school but it's not for everyone. There is plenty to do, a caring and involved faculty and staff, great athletics. The downside is students who are immature, unprepared to live on their own, who bad mouth the university, love the school and it will love you back I promise
Starting Job: Disaster counselor Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B+

This school is not what I thought it

Dec 20 2013Undecided
This school is not what I thought it would be. Pretty much I expected to work hard in school, but party and have fun. There is not much to do here on the weekends if you're not in a frat or a sorority. I come out of state and do not have a car down here and let me just say it makes the school so much worse without a car. People don't just give out rides. Everyone wants money to go places. The shuttle system is terrible and you end up waiting 30-45 minutes before getting back to your dorm at UP. UP (or university place) is super nice and it's great you get your own room, but if I could do it all over again id live on campus. You don't really get the college dorm life experience living at UP, and you don't really get a chance to meet everybody in your building like you would in the dorms. If you're a senior, I really just recommend you going elsewhere. Trust me, this schools not worth it and everybody wants out.
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F

This was the only school I applied to

Nov 17 2013Communications
This was the only school I applied to because I fell inlove when I visited. Too bad it was the opposite of my expectations. Coastal is a joke. More like a high school than a University. Everyone is very close minded and cliquey. The students are a mix of Northern snobs, hicks and wanna be thugs. I would not recommend Coastal to anyone unless you feel like reliving high school.

The athletic support is appalling, especially since our football team is 10-1. Hardly anyone goes to the games and there is absolutely no school spirit. All anyone wants to do is party. Which isn't too easy at Coastal. Its party scene is very over rated. Parties get shut down with in hours of starting and there is one club close by, which will cost you a lot of $$$$$. I have learned nothing in my classes since my professors dress worse than the students and seem to hardly have a high school diploma.IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON COMING HERE BACK OUT AND RUN FAST

Get free info from: Coastal Carolina University