StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

This school is not what I thought it

Dec 20 2013Undecided
This school is not what I thought it would be. Pretty much I expected to work hard in school, but party and have fun. There is not much to do here on the weekends if you're not in a frat or a sorority. I come out of state and do not have a car down here and let me just say it makes the school so much worse without a car. People don't just give out rides. Everyone wants money to go places. The shuttle system is terrible and you end up waiting 30-45 minutes before getting back to your dorm at UP. UP (or university place) is super nice and it's great you get your own room, but if I could do it all over again id live on campus. You don't really get the college dorm life experience living at UP, and you don't really get a chance to meet everybody in your building like you would in the dorms. If you're a senior, I really just recommend you going elsewhere. Trust me, this schools not worth it and everybody wants out.
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F

Coastal is a great

Nov 21 2013Psychology
Coastal is a great school but it's not for everyone. There is plenty to do, a caring and involved faculty and staff, great athletics. The downside is students who are immature, unprepared to live on their own, who bad mouth the university, love the school and it will love you back I promise
Starting Job: Disaster counselor Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B+

I went to CCU for one year

Jan 14 2014Accounting
I went to CCU for one year. I played a sport there; I loved the kids on the team. Great kids and great coaches, they made my experience at CCU enjoyable. I did have a bunch of friends that did not play sports as well. I enjoyed my time with them too. I had friends from the south as well as the north. I would say I was closer to my friends from the south because they were more like myself. My friends from the north were about partying, going to the beach, tanning and working out. Most of those kids transferred and are still in school right now in 2014(we enrolled in 2008). I was shocked though by how stupid some of the kids were and how they got into college. As a freshman I was in Calc 2 class with upper classmen that were struggling. I had an accounting class that was sophomores or junior and they were struggling basic accounting principles. To be honest coming from NY the curriculum was a joke to me. Kids were struggling with Pre-Calc and Algebra concepts. Most of my friends transferred out of CCU or dropped out. Majority of my friends who did graduate from could not find a job that was related to their major. Overall I would recommend anyone to go there.
1st Year Male -- Class 2012