StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

This school is a joke.Quite BrightFinance
This school is a joke. I attended for three years, had to visit an "advisor" to get my schedule approved EVERY semester before I could sign up for classes. Declared Finance as my major as a freshman yet didn't get to take a single finance class until my senior year. Then, realized I hated it. I decided I wanted to change over to an Accounting major, and they told me it would take TWO ADDITIONAL YEARS?! What?! It's basically the same degree. Anyway, no one really cared at that university until I withdrew and told my advisor I was going to finish my degree in a year at an online university. They then called me several times a day for weeks on end trying to get me to come back. Every person that goes to this school is from New Jersey or New York. Which tells you Coastal just wants the $20,000 plus a year they get from out of state students. You pay $50 to park, yet you literally never get a parking space even if you show up an hour before class. I will say there are a lot of clubs/organization on campus which are fun and are great for meeting people with common interest. But the curriculum and faculty involvement at this place is laughable.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2013
Campus Aesthetics: A, Individual Value: F
as a sophomore here, I LOVE COASTAL.Quite BrightArt & Design Department
as a sophomore here, I LOVE COASTAL. the faculty are great, the honors program is 100% worth it (free computer!) the classes are challenging, but not too hard. i love the visual arts program. i have a bit of trouble making friends because a looot of people are "party people" but they're still friendly! i love this school!
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Individual Value: B
So basically I've read all these reviews beforeAverageKinesiology
So basically I've read all these reviews before I started my freshman year at Coastal. I'm in my 2nd semester now & let me tell you, do not listen to most of these reviews!! Coastal is amazing! First off, do not come here if you are not sociable, literally everyday and night I am meeting new people, from all over the country too. This school is very diverse and its awesome to meet different types of people. Secondly, if you're more into drugs than alcohol, once again...do not come to this school, you will get busted quick. Our athletics are division 1 and the tailgates are wild. The campus itself is growing at a tremendous rate from new dorms, a baseball field, a state of the art gym & classrooms. The only thing I dislike is that I do not have a car this year, but you can have a car. The professors are incredibly helpful & they all understand what happens in college lol...Choose CCU or i guess you can try another college, wont be the same though!
1st Year Male -- Class 2017