StudentsReview ™ :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

I am a freshman this year

Oct 18 2012Undecided
I am a freshman this year. I came from New york to get some warm weather and not have to worry about the winter. The school in general is really nice. Everyone is more friendly than from up north. College is what you make of it though. No matter where you go it is all the same. I did come to party and have a good time, but down here it is very strict. I still go out though and have fun with my friends. It is very expensive to be down here, you need a car or take a cab to get around in myrtle or conway.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Innovation: B

I am a freshman of the 2012-2013 school

Sep 04 2012Accounting
I am a freshman of the 2012-2013 school year at Coastal Carolina University. So this will be the most updated information for all you rising seniors looking at schools. I came from a catholic where academics weren't over the top, but were challenging in all retrospect. I also was a underachiever maintaining a 2.8 without really trying in highschool. I loved to party, smoke weed, drink all that good stuff. Came to CCU pumped to continue on my shrewd legacy. So lets talk all the aspects of this school. (I'm not even going to call it a college)

Academics: 1 out of 10
Academics are a JOKE! As stated earlier, I was a sub-par student, came over the summer. Had three classes, got 98's in all three classes without studying a single minute. I am taking Calc 1 and doing better then everyone else (Jrs and Srs.) when I only took Algebra 3 in high school. People are struggling with math that I did as a freshmen in highschool. (Math 130i) If you are serious about academia, then this is not a good fit for you. Even the best programs here have nothing on other schools.

Staff: 8-10
Even though professors don't know much, and sometimes I feel I know more than them. They are nice, and very accessible. But have horribly inconvenient office hours that make it near to impossible to get in contact with them on a face to face basis. Everyone is very very nice:)

Parties:6-10
You all came here, i'm guessing, strictly for this. Parties, they are not here. The only parties you'll have our shitty parties at frats that get busted before 12, and all guys have to pay 10$ for entrance and a couple sips of shitty jungle juice. The bar life is poppin, but have fun bustin the bank paying 15$ every tuesday and thursday to get in. So basically it sucks. And cops are dicks.

Overall synopsis:
Don't go here if you plan on getting a credible job out of college or want to attend a secondary university for a post bachelor's degree. All the kids here party to much, have no initiative to do well in school. Are spoiled pricks that were given everything from there mommy and daddy. But if you fit that description, come here. :)

I'm transferring.

1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Social Life: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F

I went to CCU for my freshmen year

Jul 15 2012Accounting
I went to CCU for my freshmen year of college to get away from Upstate New York.I went there too because of baseball.People are nice especially the southerns. They treat everyone with respect. The only people that I had a problem with were the New York City/Long Island Kids and Jersey kids. For one all they do is party. which is fine. I transferred and i graduated in four years and i knew about 10-15 people from jersey and another 10 from the NYC/LI out of the full group 6 graduated on time so may 2012. I personally think that is pathetic and a waste of time. Girls are all pretty but pretty sluty too. Guys are mainly all meat-heads as well. when i was there Greek life was big and i consider it a joke because well there are no Greek houses can put letters on the houses, you meet once a week. Yeah a joke in my eyes. The academic suck. I got a 3.4 my first semester and i went to about 50% of my classes. Kid were struggling with math i did as a sophomore in high school. I was in Calc 2 with JR's and Sr's as a freshmen. In the spring with traveling with baseball all the time i went to about 30% of my classes and still had a 3.25. Classes are easy and the professors are a joke. Coming from NY I am not surprised. Parties are pretty good everyone goes out so you are bound to run into pretty girls and your other friends as well. It sucks though cause if you don't have a car you need to call a cab to get to most of the parties which is a pain in the ass. The kids who go there are spoiled. Benz's, BMW's range rovers, Corvette's any type of luxury car you can think of kids drive. I didn't have a car and my dad owns there dealerships. Sports are pretty decent if you are a sports fan. Baseball team is always good. The food sucked, the CINO grill was good but it was expensive. I transferred back home to NY to go to UB(University at Buffalo) and I loved it there so much better. If you are looking to do nothing in college party, drink, not go to class then go to CCU but if you actually want to get a career right out of college i would choose a different school most likely in the north or out west unless u are going to an ACC school or something along those lines.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F