StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

I am a freshman of the 2012-2013 schoolQuite BrightAccounting
I am a freshman of the 2012-2013 school year at Coastal Carolina University. So this will be the most updated information for all you rising seniors looking at schools. I came from a catholic where academics weren't over the top, but were challenging in all retrospect. I also was a underachiever maintaining a 2.8 without really trying in highschool. I loved to party, smoke weed, drink all that good stuff. Came to CCU pumped to continue on my shrewd legacy. So lets talk all the aspects of this school. (I'm not even going to call it a college)

Academics: 1 out of 10
Academics are a JOKE! As stated earlier, I was a sub-par student, came over the summer. Had three classes, got 98's in all three classes without studying a single minute. I am taking Calc 1 and doing better then everyone else (Jrs and Srs.) when I only took Algebra 3 in high school. People are struggling with math that I did as a freshmen in highschool. (Math 130i) If you are serious about academia, then this is not a good fit for you. Even the best programs here have nothing on other schools.

Staff: 8-10
Even though professors don't know much, and sometimes I feel I know more than them. They are nice, and very accessible. But have horribly inconvenient office hours that make it near to impossible to get in contact with them on a face to face basis. Everyone is very very nice:)

Parties:6-10
You all came here, i'm guessing, strictly for this. Parties, they are not here. The only parties you'll have our shitty parties at frats that get busted before 12, and all guys have to pay 10$ for entrance and a couple sips of shitty jungle juice. The bar life is poppin, but have fun bustin the bank paying 15$ every tuesday and thursday to get in. So basically it sucks. And cops are dicks.

Overall synopsis:
Don't go here if you plan on getting a credible job out of college or want to attend a secondary university for a post bachelor's degree. All the kids here party to much, have no initiative to do well in school. Are spoiled pricks that were given everything from there mommy and daddy. But if you fit that description, come here. :)

I'm transferring.

1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Social Life: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F
I went to CCU for my freshmen yearAccounting
I went to CCU for my freshmen year of college to get away from Upstate New York.I went there too because of baseball.People are nice especially the southerns. They treat everyone with respect. The only people that I had a problem with were the New York City/Long Island Kids and Jersey kids. For one all they do is party. which is fine. I transferred and i graduated in four years and i knew about 10-15 people from jersey and another 10 from the NYC/LI out of the full group 6 graduated on time so may 2012. I personally think that is pathetic and a waste of time. Girls are all pretty but pretty sluty too. Guys are mainly all meat-heads as well. when i was there Greek life was big and i consider it a joke because well there are no Greek houses can put letters on the houses, you meet once a week. Yeah a joke in my eyes. The academic suck. I got a 3.4 my first semester and i went to about 50% of my classes. Kid were struggling with math i did as a sophomore in high school. I was in Calc 2 with JR's and Sr's as a freshmen. In the spring with traveling with baseball all the time i went to about 30% of my classes and still had a 3.25. Classes are easy and the professors are a joke. Coming from NY I am not surprised. Parties are pretty good everyone goes out so you are bound to run into pretty girls and your other friends as well. It sucks though cause if you don't have a car you need to call a cab to get to most of the parties which is a pain in the ass. The kids who go there are spoiled. Benz's, BMW's range rovers, Corvette's any type of luxury car you can think of kids drive. I didn't have a car and my dad owns there dealerships. Sports are pretty decent if you are a sports fan. Baseball team is always good. The food sucked, the CINO grill was good but it was expensive. I transferred back home to NY to go to UB(University at Buffalo) and I loved it there so much better. If you are looking to do nothing in college party, drink, not go to class then go to CCU but if you actually want to get a career right out of college i would choose a different school most likely in the north or out west unless u are going to an ACC school or something along those lines.
I transferred to CCU a year ago andNot so brightAccounting
I transferred to CCU a year ago and it was the WORST experience I have ever had. The boys are wannabe thugs and they all just want to see how many girls they can sleep with! I met my now ex-boyfriend here and I contracted HIV and I'm on meds. I found out that he was pretty much phucking every girl he came in contact with and I felt awful. I have to live with this affliction for the rest of my life all because I thought I found love.

Also, this isn't my only concern. This school seems to accept way too many people causing the school to overcrowd. This is bad for those of us who've been here for a while. They give all the apartments to the freshmen. I now how to go elsewhere because I have nowhere to stay! All the roommates I have encountered have been nothing but unintelligent jerks and i've been nothing but nice to them. One of them wore my clothes.

I'm from up north and only came here because my mom is from Conway and attend this school, but I wish I hadn't. It's like big old high school for failures. I don't have a car so when I did go there, I was stranded on campus for the most part. The cops are pigs and the few parties that I did attend were lame as shit. This is a sorry excuse for a party school. I have friends at FMU and CofC and their parties ROCK in comparison to these rinkadink parties. This school will ruin you life. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT COMING HERE!!!! AND DON'T LOOK BACK!Food is nasty as hell also.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2012