StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

So basically I've read all these reviews before

Jan 26 2014Kinesiology
So basically I've read all these reviews before I started my freshman year at Coastal. I'm in my 2nd semester now & let me tell you, do not listen to most of these reviews!! Coastal is amazing! First off, do not come here if you are not sociable, literally everyday and night I am meeting new people, from all over the country too. This school is very diverse and its awesome to meet different types of people. Secondly, if you're more into drugs than alcohol, once again...do not come to this school, you will get busted quick. Our athletics are division 1 and the tailgates are wild. The campus itself is growing at a tremendous rate from new dorms, a baseball field, a state of the art gym & classrooms. The only thing I dislike is that I do not have a car this year, but you can have a car. The professors are incredibly helpful & they all understand what happens in college lol...Choose CCU or i guess you can try another college, wont be the same though!
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: B

I am a freshman this year

Oct 18 2012Undecided
I am a freshman this year. I came from New york to get some warm weather and not have to worry about the winter. The school in general is really nice. Everyone is more friendly than from up north. College is what you make of it though. No matter where you go it is all the same. I did come to party and have a good time, but down here it is very strict. I still go out though and have fun with my friends. It is very expensive to be down here, you need a car or take a cab to get around in myrtle or conway.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Innovation: B

Learning has always been relatively easy for me,

Jan 19 2013Biology
Learning has always been relatively easy for me, I started college my senior year by attending classes at a local community college. Compared to this community college CCU was great. There were plenty of faculty members who were extremely helpful. Many of the students were very friendly and I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet them.

Now, here's the real issue with Coastal, they do not prepare you for the real world. Getting a job is extremely difficult once you graduate, even with experience, because this is not a well known or reputable school. Even graduating with honors, with research experience, extra curricular activities, having an on campus job in a Learning Assistance Center as a tutor for 3 years...this is NOT good enough to get a job in your field. Planning on going to Graduate School? Expect to pay for every dime of it. You won't be earning a fellowship because attending Coastal isn't impressive to Graduate Schools.

**Get involved in a program (while in school) that will give you a guaranteed job after you graduate.**Also, good luck scheduling your classes to graduate on time! If you can get into the honors program, DO IT. It allows you to schedule your classes earlier than most students and you'll actually be able to get into classes.

4th Year Female -- Class 2012