StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina Wilmington -- Wilmington, NC
Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Coastal Carolina University

Some points of Coastal

May 04 2014Political Science
Some points of Coastal Carolina's spectrum are positive, but the Political Science department is both unhelpful and unprofessional. Many professors do not even have extensive knowledge of the field.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Surrounding City: B, Education Quality: F

This school sucks, its

May 13 2014Kinesiology
This school sucks, its placed in between two highways and you have to drive to go anywhere. Most of the majors are a joke especially an Exercise science degree since you cannot do anything with it that you are going to make money with.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: B, Faculty Accessibility: F

This school is not what I expected

Feb 22 2014Biology
This school is not what I expected. I only applied to two schools and was not interested in the school that was in my home state, Pennsylvania. Coming to Coastal I was excited to start a new chapter in my life that would expand my academic growth. I originally came to Coastal with the idea of being a Marine Scientist. However, I change to biology and wanted to go into premed. There are many people who come for marine science but switch majors within the first semester. Switching from the intensive marine science program, I realized that other departments are almost a joke compared to other schools. DO NOT come here if you want to go into chemistry. The feel of the chemistry department is that it is brand new and has no idea what they are doing. For some of my classes I feel like I have to teach myself SOME of the material, but for my chemistry lecture I am having to teach myself ALL of the material. I have talked to my friends from NC State and UNC; I feel so far behind in my academics being here at Coastal. It is unbelievable. Other areas that Coastal is not so great in is the social events. There is no school spirit due the the fact that Coastal is so isolated from everything and everyone. There is no rival team for Coastal, so there is no need to get pumped. There is no way to get involved with the school unless you pay well over $200 to join a frat or sorority or join any other club that actually does events regularly. The parties here suck. I do not go to the parties because they get busted before 12. There are no "parties" as far as I am concerned because none of them are worth it. Really think about your choice in a school. If you are from South Carolina, look at Clemson, USC, or any other school other than this one. If you are out of state like me, do not make a rash decision just because it is next to the beach. There are so many other schools out there. Needless to say, I am transferring out of here ASAP. One last note, please DO NOT base your decisions off of what the tour guide says. It's there job to get you to come to the school they are representing. When UNC has tours, you hear students say, "Come here! You'll love it! UNC is the best!" At Coastal all you hear are students saying, "Go away! You'll transfer anyway." Is that a school you really want to go to?
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Social Life: F