StudentsReview :: Coastal Carolina University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC

1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: C
Sep 30 2014Accounting
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Coastal is a great school. I love it. People often misjudge CCU for a party school, but it also has great academics.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Extracurricular Activities: A
Sep 23 2014Communications
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
My experience at CCU was one I will never forget. I transferred to CCU & In all honest strongly feel I made the right choice. As someone who transferred here I will give you the pros & cons of CCU.

-The campus is beautiful, it's well maintained, the buildings are all in good shape. The university has done so much construction since I graduated in 2012! Tons of new buildings. Dormitories compared to many universities are TOP NOTCH.

-Faculty/Staff: I loved the faculty & staff at CCU. They went above & beyond to help their students & always made you feel warm & welcome. Not once did I feel like just a number. The professors for the most part were hard working & very knowledgable in their field.

-Program: one thing I'm a little disappointed in was my program. I studied communications & I know at the time the program was fairly new. At that time I felt as though compared to my previous instruction, Coastal did not offer as many classes or as many options as far as classes went. There were certain aspects of communications I would have like to study further but CCU did not offer classes in them. HOWEVER, I know that the department is growing a lot & that there are many many more classes available now in communication & journalism. I just wish they were there when I was an undergrad.

-Surrounding City: myrtle beach is a 15 min drive down the road. Conway is "ok" but there really is so much to do both OFF & ON campus. I was never bored & could always find somewhere to hang out.

-Students: a lot of people give CCU the rep of a "party" school & while it's by the beach & there are MORE bars/places to part I felt that when it came down to studies, the library was always crowded. I never felt "distracted" by parties or anything of the sort. The students are mostly very friendly & welcoming. There is a "happy feeling" on campus. There's no cliques everyone just talks to everyone.

Food: I wish they had more variety of food. That's one thing but the food was ok. It's college food it's never going to be "moms cooking" that's with any college though.Overall, I'm so happy I picked CCU. I feel I learned so much about who I am & grew so much! I would HIGHLY recommend checking out the campus & even meeting with faculty. Honestly, CCU for me was the best decision I made

3rd Year Female -- Class 2012