StudentsReview :: Clemson University - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL

Clemson University

Going to college, I wanted to move away

Sep 26 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Going to college, I wanted to move away from my hometown to a completely different part of the country from where I grew up. I didn't know anyone at Clemson, but they welcomed me with open arms and I fell in love with the place. There was a lot to do there and there was never a dull moment. I had a very intense four years of college there, as I busted my butt in classes to get good grades and learn everything I could, while getting the most out of campus life. I'm not sure if my experience is typical, but if you work hard and get involved at Clemson, you will learn skills and paradigms that will stick with you throughout life. I'll admit that when I talk to employers about Clemson, they know it more for our football program, but this is part of what gives Clemson a reputation for integrity and honor throughout the country. An employer looking at resumes of Clemson Alumni sees someone who is honest, hardworking, and honorable. Come to Clemson if you want to reinvent yourself into a family that is with you for life.
Starting Job: Government Account rep. Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A

I think students need

Jun 13 2014Education
I think students need to maximize their learning. They need to take advantage of their learning, but they also need to gain valuable experience, such as work, learning how to work with teams, etc., while in college.
Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

As an out of state student with no

Aug 04 2014Communications
As an out of state student with no prior friends or history with Clemson, I was very excited to attend this school. It was my top choice and if I did it all over again I wouldn't change a thing! Coming from the north a had no clue what Greek life was about but I have it a shot and love it. Although I am in a sorority I have tons of friends not in Greek life as well. I have made lasting friendships from freshman year until now and can't wait to see where they take me. A tip for all freshman is to leave your doors open on your hall to get to know people!

When I came I clemson, I came in an undeclared major. My advisor (who unfortunately retired) was a huge help as well as the career center staff! I know almost every professor in my major and they know me as well! Eddie Smith is a great help if you want to study abroad or find an internship. Classes are small and you get to know the kids in your major well. Group projects are common but helpful when a 25 page report is due.

Freshman doors are small typical dorms. I'd recommend the horseshoe as it's its' own little community. Dining halls are typical plain food... Go to Hendrix for the buffalo chicken wraps and other, better food! Downtown clemson has a wider variety of restaurants that accept tiger stripe (dinning hall $$)!

Football games and tailgating rule the fall semester weekends! The small town grows to the size of a city with tons of traffic and people but it's a good time so embrace it! Students get free tickets and if you join a Greek life/club sport/ or other organization you can get block tickets!Spring semester is filled with trips to the campus beach, baseball games, parties and more!

3rd Year Female -- Class 2014