StudentsReview ™ :: Wofford College - Comments and Student Experiences

Furman University -- Greenville, SC
Wake Forest University -- Winston-Salem, NC

Wofford College

great staff, if you

Oct 14 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
great staff, if you are into greek like, white, well off, and republican it is a great place! Really it is but if you do not fit into all of those categories, don't come. Im leaving ASAP.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: D+
Jul 25 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)

To be honest, I enjoyed school for the social value. I learned nothing with regard to the field that I am working.

Starting Job: International Sales Manager Preparedness: F Reputation: B

I came into Wofford with high hopes of

Apr 22 2013Business - Management and Administration
I came into Wofford with high hopes of it being a collegiate paradise. I for the life of me cannot understand how it has so many positive reviews. The place is small, stuck up, and pathetic, with all the students acting more like middle schoolers rather than college kids. I was a very popular kid in high school who never had a problem making friends, yet when I came to Wofford I found it extremely difficult to meet any people worth hanging out with. The social scene is an absolute joke, with nothing but a small scale version of Greek life to keep students entertained on weekends. It got so repetitive after a while that I could only count the days until I got out. The students that go here are so fake its unbelievable. I found myself wanting to punch most of them in the face whenever I got into a conversation. I transferred last semester and am SO much happier at my new school. ALL IN ALL: Do not come to Wofford if you are a genuinely cool kid looking to have some fun while still getting a good education. This is not the place you want to make life-long friends. The academics may be very good, but the social aspect is so depressing it is not worth it.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016