StudentsReview :: Colorado Technical University - Sioux Falls - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Technical University - Sioux Falls

I attended CTU while working full time asBusiness - Management and Administration
I attended CTU while working full time as an enlisted sailor with a family. It was tough, really tough, but I worked through it. Once I got my degree I applied to Officer Candidate School for a commission as a Supply Officer. The US Navy accepted my package and I was able to get to OCS. I now work as a Supply Officer and am currently working on an MBA with CTU. The instructors are all very professional and experts in their field. I've seen CTU get some flak from people that have either quit or didn't like the program. In my experience, CTU was outstanding. It's not for everyone though as you have to be self-motivated and aggressive. Let me know if you have any questions about the school.
CTU - Online enabled me to complete myQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
CTU - Online enabled me to complete my degree while I worked full time and managed a young family. The tempo is fast. The work was not easy and to be successful in this enivornment you have to be comfortable managing your time and commitments, independently studying, and meeting deadlines. The school uses technology effectively and they provide students with plenty of resources to be successful.

I found value in the flexbility that CTU offered me for balancing my personal and work commitments with my educational commitments. The courses are not cheap but you get what you pay for here. If you are a kid right out of HS, this is probably the least desirable way for you to get your degree. Part of the college experience for this demographic should be about maturing and finding yourself. CTU - Online is not a place for that. You have to be ready to emerse yourself in a fast paced demanding course load or you will feel like you are being ripped off.As with anything in life, you get what you pay for and what you get out of CTU is dependent upon your committment to learning. They provide you with the tools to have an enriching academic experience while giving you the ability to manage your other life commitments. If you think you can handle the challenges presented by online learning, you will not be disappointed with this school.

4th Year Male -- Class 2008
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Social Life: F
I've been a college student for the lastBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I've been a college student for the last 6 years. It not because I've failed or I'm trying to be a docter, I've justs moved a number of times. Transfering credits is never fun by the way!

I started at a state university out of High School but after the first year I didn't like being away from my family and future wife. The only 4 year College in my hometown was an expensive catholic school so I decided I would just finish an associates degree at the local technical university which was parterned with the state university I was previously attending.

By the time I completed my Associates of Science I had over a hundred credits between the two school I had attended and the college credits I had obtained in highschool. At that point I took a position with a large company that provided tuition re-imbursment and they encouraged me to complete my bachelors degree. My schedual isn't the most flexible and I couldn't afford to loose any hours though, so I began to look into Online Bachelors Programs. Another invidual in my office was completing a Masters programs through CTU and had nothing but good things to say about it so I looked into it.

It's been a little over a year now and all in all I'm enjoying my time at CTU. It's definetly a lot harder to get A's then I thought it would be! To be honest I went in thinking it would be a breeze compared to the other colleges I've been to, imagine my surprise then when I realized I would actually have to study and participate in the class to make it through!

My Associates of Science degree was in computer science, and my Bacholors program at CTU is through their degree Completion program for a BSBA with an emphasis in IT managment. The business courses are informative and the chats are invaluable in getting a true understanding of the material. A variety of assignments which include papers, presentations, and even group projects make sure things don't get to repetative, so thats a plus.

You can definetly tell they are fighting to be looked at just like any other brick-and-morter college is, and the way they structure the classes is definetly based off of this goal with a technological twist. There are definetly challenging assignment and they heavily encourage group participation and discussion.

Before I finish there are a few things about CTU Online, and any online school I imagine, that I would like to talk about. Just like with Manufactured homes and self-published books there is still a certain stigma attached to Online schools, be prepared for it before you decided to start. The honest truth is had it not been for the fact that my company fully recognizes the school and its degrees I probably wouldn't have gone. I am very glad that I chose to go to CTU. So much so I even talked my wife into going! Most of my friends graduated from your standard college and at first I felt like my degree won't stand up to theirs, but having gone to both types of schools now I realize that I'm happy with CTU and I feel it is a worthwhile degree I'm working to obtain.

Look up any online school and you'll find that most of the, including CTU, are for profit schools which never looks good. The way I figure it at any school you go to your paying money and people are getting paid, so until a free college comes around I don't let that fact get to me to much. As long as the school is accredited, hopefully both regionally and nationally, your safe. By safe I mean its not some scam where you send money and they send you a peice of pretty paper.

If you look into it about any online school will have internet posts about it being a Scam. This is just something I had to accept when I chose to go to CTU. Usually the scam posts just sound like someone that wasn't happy with the school and they wanted to vent, which is something you'll find with any school. So look into all of your options yourself and make your own decision about what a school has to offer before you pay thousands of dollars to go there.

What it all comes down to in the end is that you get out of going to school what you put into it. This goes for Colorado Technical University or any other school you're looking at. If you go into each class wanting to learn and you put the time into it each night you'll come out knowning the subject very well. If you just want good grades and the peice of paper so you picked an online school you probably won't make it. Trust me, its a lot of work to go to school online when the only person motivating you is you. The same can be said for all schools, but its different when your sitting at home with a chat about to start and the link to the webpage is right next to a shortcut to that new video game you just got(Crysis being my own demotivator at the moment. I know its been out for awhile, but I'm a poor college student so I had to wait for the price to drop!)We'll, thats all I got. Hopefully that gives you an idea of what to expect of CTU - Online

1st Year Male -- Class 2009