StudentsReview ™ :: The University of South Dakota - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Southern California -- Los Angeles, CA

The University of South Dakota

I am a Minnesota resident and I was

Jun 25 2013Math
I am a Minnesota resident and I was actually planning to go to Mankato State University, but however their customer service was horrible and made me go to South Dakota. I am happy I did. The professors are easy to communicate with and the people here are nice. I like the small-town feel, however there is not much to do (Which isn't a bad thing - more time to study). I feel like my education has been worth it and I will go here another year. There are many opportunities.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
University Resource Use: A+, Social Life: D

USD is a pretty good school in regards

May 23 2012Business - Management and Administration
USD is a pretty good school in regards to academics. The student life isnt all that great...Vermillion sucks. But academics are really stressed here, and you can tell that the professors enjoy what they do.

the business school is pretty well kept. I've gotten some good opportunities with the school like an internship in St. Paul over the summer. However the business school is the only college where the professors are so stuck up their ass they don't have time to answer any questions or make time for you after class. The coursework is decent, but the professors just aren't there for you like they should be.

football games are awesome. I've worked a couple of them, and been to a lot of them. People get pretty crazy when it comes game time. D-Days is just one big party; the parades and stuff are for the community and the little kids. There are tons of house parties to go to, so make sure you've finished any schoolwork a week in advance...great school. I graduate in a year. Gonna miss USD.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2013
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Innovation: D

I'm in the nursing program

May 23 2012Nursing
I'm in the nursing program...and it's alright. It isn't the best, but it works for me. The faculty of the nursing program are a little stuck up; they seem to think tht just because USD has the only medical school in the state that they're so much better than any other human being. Regardless, I've learned a lot since my freshman year so I don't have much to complain about. Except Vermillion. I was born and raised in Pierre, and had driven through Vermillion a couple times growing up. It's basically deserted...there's a small downtown scene, with some nice bars, restaurants, maybe a coffee house or two; but that's it. Drive a few miles out of town and you're in the middle of the prairies. Things can get pretty boring. I have a car so I have the luxury of driving out to the Sioux cities if I can, or sometimes Minneapolis. I feel bad for the kids without cars. They're stuck on campus 24/7.Enough of that. USD is a great school. I've loved my time here and the friends I've made. I was a little scared when I started school in the first year, aout making friends and all, but the people here a really friendly and easy to get to know. There's a good sense of community at this school. However don't rush the Greek system; they're just a bunch of pricks.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2017