StudentsReview :: The University of South Dakota - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Southern California -- Los Angeles, CA

The University of South Dakota

Sep 19 2014Computer Science

The wifi keeps chipping out. its basically the worst thing about USD. Well, apart from the food.. The isn't 5star either

1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: F

I am a Minnesota resident and I was

Jun 25 2013Math
I am a Minnesota resident and I was actually planning to go to Mankato State University, but however their customer service was horrible and made me go to South Dakota. I am happy I did. The professors are easy to communicate with and the people here are nice. I like the small-town feel, however there is not much to do (Which isn't a bad thing - more time to study). I feel like my education has been worth it and I will go here another year. There are many opportunities.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
University Resource Use: A+, Social Life: D

USD is a pretty good school in regards

May 23 2012Business - Management and Administration
USD is a pretty good school in regards to academics. The student life isnt all that great...Vermillion sucks. But academics are really stressed here, and you can tell that the professors enjoy what they do.

the business school is pretty well kept. I've gotten some good opportunities with the school like an internship in St. Paul over the summer. However the business school is the only college where the professors are so stuck up their ass they don't have time to answer any questions or make time for you after class. The coursework is decent, but the professors just aren't there for you like they should be.

football games are awesome. I've worked a couple of them, and been to a lot of them. People get pretty crazy when it comes game time. D-Days is just one big party; the parades and stuff are for the community and the little kids. There are tons of house parties to go to, so make sure you've finished any schoolwork a week in advance...great school. I graduate in a year. Gonna miss USD.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2013