StudentsReview :: Aquinas College - Comments and Student Experiences

Aquinas College

Wonderful Nursing program! I am not Catholic, I

Sep 09 2014Nursing
Wonderful Nursing program! I am not Catholic, I do not "fit" any type of box that people say you have to fit into to go there. I was in my 30's, married, non-religious and was accepted/never questioned about my beliefs and never made to "convert" to theirs. I loved the Sisters! They were always there to give me advice (if asked for it) and encouraged all the students. Do they take BS off students? Nope. Who should. We are all suppose to be adults and we are all paying to go receive an education. Education is what they give you. YOU have to take from it what you are willing to take. If you want to skate by, make EXCUSES about why you failed then find another college because this is why you will NEVER succeed on your own. We started with about 60 students in our nursing program and I believe around 40 graduated. I had a job offer before I graduated from a large hospital in the Nashville area. They know if you graduate from Aquinas then you have a good solid foundation in Nursing. I would recommend this college to anyone.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2009
Education Quality: A, Social Life: C+

Do not attend this college (not a university)

Mar 08 2014Nursing
Do not attend this college (not a university) b/c you will be in up to your butt in debt, and have no job when you graduate. The college was sued for using federal funds to discriminate against minority students, and according to my research the college was found to be guilty. I am an alum of this college and regret deeply ever spending a dime at Aquinas college. It is a hostile, corrupt, and vicious staff. Students are bullied, threatened, harassed, and even persecuted by faculty and administrators. If you are not Catholic don't even think they'll let you graduate, especially in the nursing program. You'll get all the way to 4th semester and the school will tell you "you don't fit the profile" or "you're not cut-out for this" and if you don't accept their decision they will find a way to kick you out of their school. Do not enroll at Aquinas in Nashville, TN.
Preparedness: D Reputation: D

I'm not one to write reviews unless it

May 01 2014Nursing
I'm not one to write reviews unless it made a very good or very bad impression on me and my life. I went to this school because for some reason, it has a good reputation as a good nursing program in Nashville. Maybe it was at one point years ago, but it is not anymore. Do not be fooled. The faculty is despicable. They are out to make you fail. You may know the content, and well but they try to stump you and weed out weaklings... even if you are not. During clinicals, one instructor even slapped the hand of a student... in front of a patient! How unprofessional is that? Another thing is that students were told not to come to the professors with questions. They must first look it up themselves, then ask another student, and only after can you ask a question. It is ridiculous how much money you spend at this school to get a subpar education. There are better schools in Nashville that cost less and surely, you would get treated better than you do at this school. Something fishy is going on if at the end of the semester, the large majority of the class that hasn't already dropped out is barely hanging on by a 77.5. The worst part is that students know the content.... they study all day and sometimes most of the night only to be knocked in the head by these terrible instructors. They have no heart for teaching and should not work there. Nursing itself is hard but the faculty here make it impossible to get a degree.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2013