StudentsReview ™ :: Hiwassee College - Comments and Student Experiences

Hiwassee College

I am a graduate of hiwassee and after

Jan 27 2014Business - Management and Administration
I am a graduate of hiwassee and after reading the reviews I feel the need to set some things straight. This is a small tiny college that never had more than 400 students in my 3 years. These reviews are clearly written by the staff. Nobody that attends the school would ever have anything like the other reviews to say about it there is always mold in the dorms and the heat and air never worked in 3 years. The admission staff and teachers are the only people there worth anything. The administration is beyond horrible and must have received their degrees from the local Walmart. The school has a good heart but the highest paid teacher there makes less than 30k a year and most do not get paid at all. Scary. The school is run by students who graduated the previous year. Nothing is handled correctly and the school is a joke. I had no intention of writing a review today but I would hate for another person to get tricked into the lies that hiwassee is made of. Save your money. The local community colleges have better reputations. Everybody who went there wanted out. It's the only college I know that looks bad on a resume. STAY AWAY!
Preparedness: B+ Reputation: F
Oct 04 2013Undecided

Dorms are extremely run down. Executive faculty very self absorbed and do not care much for the students well being.

1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: B, Education Quality: F

HC provided me with the foundation to move

Oct 04 2011Social Work
HC provided me with the foundation to move forward and become a productive member of society. I spent years working with abused, neglected, and thrown away children. Later, after burning out I switched over to a successful and rewarding marketing career. I made many lifelong friends and met my wife there. Hiwassee is a Christian College which enabled me to grow as an individual. All I can really say is Try it you'll love it!
2nd Year Male -- Class 1976