StudentsReview :: The Memphis College of Art - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

The Memphis College of Art

Dec 12 2010Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc

beautiful city and the school is a bit challenging but its less expensive than KCAI and MICA.

1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Extracurricular Activities: B

Do not attend Memphis College of Art

Jul 08 2010Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
Do not attend Memphis College of Art. WARNING! Over priced bourgeoisie private school run by a committee. WARNING! Only goal of Memphis College of Art is to bring in as many students as possible each semester for income caring less if they graduate. WARNING! The government even has record of them having a low graduation rate and a high retention rate. You have been WARNED!
2nd Year Male -- Class 2011
Extracurricular Activities: B, Education Quality: F

I graduated from MCA and felt it did

Dec 26 2010Art & Design Department
I graduated from MCA and felt it did nothing for me. I got my degree in animation yet it was extremely lacking in the skills I needed and I had to take classes from a friend who was actually working in the field. I learned more from him than I did at this college in their degree program. The sad thing is, although I went to MCA on a scholarship I feel I lost 4 years. I learned more with my friend who was basically self taught than what was taught at this college. Plus, he has helped me with contacts and this school did not. My final thoughts....go somewhere else.
Starting Job: Graphic designer Preparedness: D Reputation: F