StudentsReview :: The Memphis College of Art - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

The Memphis College of Art

MCA does not provide adequate tools for graduates

Jun 19 2004Art & Design Department
MCA does not provide adequate tools for graduates to succeed in the business of art. I graduated completely clueless in marketing, grant writing, and important legal matters that pertain to business. The "counseling" I received during my 4 years at MCA did not prepare me for the real world... surviving and thriving as an ARTIST.
4th Year Female -- Class 1990
Campus Aesthetics: B+, Education Quality: F

I am a professional artist, yes the real

Nov 14 2004Art & Design Department
I am a professional artist, yes the real thing. I live in NY NY. Memphis College of Art is a joke. The Faculty are not real artist, just left over trash from the 70's. No one there has an ounce of skill or talent. Most of the student population consists of immature, rich, pot heads. You will lear nothing here, after I graduated with a 4.0 I went else were, and got the education that I needed to make a living 100% from art.