StudentsReview :: Middle Tennessee State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Middle Tennessee State University

I love MTSU

Sep 03 2013Physical Therapy/Exercise Science
I love MTSU. Im not a fan of Murfreesboro just because of traffic. My major is perfect and I love all of my Professors. They are so helpful and are actually really cool. I am a senior and I am planning on attending graduate school here. I did hit some bumps in the road on finding my major and some of my advisor I went through were pretty sucky. Just like every school, I hate all the holds that are put on my account for no reason but I always figure it out (you just have to ask). I recommend this place to anyone, I really do love it!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: B

I think that regardless of what school you

Oct 08 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
I think that regardless of what school you go to, you are responsible for making the most of it. In that regard, I feel that my time at MTSU was successful. I changed and grew and learned, and I loved getting my degree here in History. My professors were great and I enjoyed my research. However, that said, MTSU is not a school you go to in order to gain prestige. It is a good value, and I came away with very little money owed, so that was awesome, but now I have a BA in History and no job and no prospects. I am planning to go on to either law or grad school, but in the meantime, if you know anyone hiring, tell me. ;)
Preparedness: C- Reputation: F

MTSU is more of a blue collar school

Aug 24 2013Education
MTSU is more of a blue collar school with a trailer park mentality. Let's face it....we are not talking about getting an Ivy League education here. The university accepts students who barely graduate from high school with very low ACT and/or SAT scores. I only chose this school because it was close to home. I realized I had made a significant mistake after my first semester because of the poor quality of the professors and the apathetic attitudes of many students. Fortunately, I have a resonable degree of intelligence and a strong work ethic. I was accepted into a good graduate program because I completed extra research projects and I obtained a very high score on the GRE. Avoid MTSU if you desire a quality education that will prepare you for the future.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F