StudentsReview :: Tennessee Technological University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Tennessee Technological University

Oct 11 2014Computer Science
DO NOT PICK TTU!!
I hate this school. I would rather be in highschool or a community college and it's not because of the money. If you have the money to live in New Hall North/South, expect nice rooms with little to no social interaction. I haven't talked to anyone here in 72 hours; everyone here seems depressed or introverted. If you live anywhere other than NHN or NHS your room will be small, have a nasty ceiling, and be prone to bug invasion. I should have gone to UT Martin, looking back. I hate my life here, I'm the loneliest I've ever been with the added stress of doing college homework. Granted, some teachers like Tommy Elliot really go out of their way and love to teach, so that helps a bit.

What else? On the weekends there are no parties. Everyone drives home and everything on campus shuts down. So weekends blow, too!! YOU WILL NOT HAVE A GOOD TIME LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IN OTHER COLLEGES!! There are rarely fun events unless you're an athlete or a super nerd. The school robs you of the meal plan you pay good money for; only allowing you to spend 3 meals a day then erasing all the extra meals you had Sunday Morning. This really really really frustrates me. Just today I went out to eat and everything is closed. I got so pissy I went to write this review to save everyone else from wasting 15k a year here. Please don't be an idiot like me; pick another school!

1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F
Sep 10 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I had a great time at TTU; if they had a graduate program in my major I definitely would have got my graduate degree there. The only negative experience I had involved housing. I lived on campus my first two years. The housing administration weren't friendly. My roommate moved out of our room and I was forced to move out too, or else pay an additional 200 dollars for a single room. I was supposedly notified of this via my school mailbox (I rarely checked it)--email or a phone call would've been preferable.
5th Year Female -- Class 2010
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Campus Maintenance: C
Sep 05 2013English
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
It's not the courses, professors, or students I have negative feedback for. It's the parking. It's ridiculous, sometimes frightening, and it's hard to find a place to park that's reasonable--and parking tickets seem to be the only thing the police care about here. The only time I see them is when they're giving out parking tickets. And the fact we have thirty minute only parking angers me, honestly. I understand being so stingy with parking places for the handicapped (of course!) and faculty and staff (it's pretty important they reach where they work) but we ARE paying quite a bit to be here and when I'm late to my classes or work study because it took thirty minutes to park and then I had to give up and park in the thirty minute only spaces and then come out to a ticket, I just. I get incredibly angry. And even if I manage to park where commuters are supposed to park, it is dangerous and frightening. It's so cramped I'm often worried I'll hit another car.
Friendliness: A, Scholastic Success: C-