StudentsReview :: Tennessee Technological University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Tennessee Technological University

I had a great time at TTU; if

Sep 10 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
I had a great time at TTU; if they had a graduate program in my major I definitely would have got my graduate degree there. The only negative experience I had involved housing. I lived on campus my first two years. The housing administration weren't friendly. My roommate moved out of our room and I was forced to move out too, or else pay an additional 200 dollars for a single room. I was supposedly notified of this via my school mailbox (I rarely checked it)--email or a phone call would've been preferable.
5th Year Female -- Class 2010
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Campus Maintenance: C

Great school, horrible location

Jul 07 2013Psychology
Great school, horrible location. Tech is located in Cookeville, Tennessee and there is nothing to do here. We have two "clubs" here that both seen to think we're in Texas (Rodeo Bob's, and Cowboys). They only play country music and you have to line dance there (bleh). Outside of that there is no night life. All the students go home to mom and dad on weekends, so there is noone to hang with until Monday. Buildings are falling apart, lots of bigots, and the overall feeling of high school 2.0. If I had the chance to have this year back I would've attended Vanderbilt instead of going here for lower tuition. You get what you pay for and here it's easy classes and no night life. Take your money elsewhere and go to a school where you'll get the full college experience. TTU gets 4 not-so-awesome eagles out of 10.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: F

It's not the courses, professors, or students I

Sep 05 2013English
It's not the courses, professors, or students I have negative feedback for. It's the parking. It's ridiculous, sometimes frightening, and it's hard to find a place to park that's reasonable--and parking tickets seem to be the only thing the police care about here. The only time I see them is when they're giving out parking tickets. And the fact we have thirty minute only parking angers me, honestly. I understand being so stingy with parking places for the handicapped (of course!) and faculty and staff (it's pretty important they reach where they work) but we ARE paying quite a bit to be here and when I'm late to my classes or work study because it took thirty minutes to park and then I had to give up and park in the thirty minute only spaces and then come out to a ticket, I just. I get incredibly angry. And even if I manage to park where commuters are supposed to park, it is dangerous and frightening. It's so cramped I'm often worried I'll hit another car.
Friendliness: A, Scholastic Success: C-