StudentsReview :: Angelo State University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Southern California -- Los Angeles, CA

Angelo State University

Over all I really like ASU.AverageChemistry
Over all I really like ASU. Its a smaller school in a smaller city so keep that in mind. That comes with good & bad things. The good thing is you really get to know your professors, bad thing is nobody knows where it is you go when you tell them. For a smaller school it has a good reputation with employers at least in science fields, not sure about the rest. The campus isnt that big. Even with pretty crowded parking you can easily walk from one end to the other in 10 minutes. But the buildings all seem really new. They just remodeled the library to look badass. The gym used to suck but they are building on to it, it has taken way to long but looks like it will be top notch. The old dorms if you get stuck in them are pretty bad. But they have built 2 huge new ones that are private bedrooms that are really nice, so try to get those. They are building a new one right now too that looks nice, but I hear its shared bedrooms. The school has cheap tuition & tons of financial aide, the endowment here is bigger than most every other small state school, alot West Texas of oil money families have supported it. The sports are NCAA D2 which kind of sucks, but they have nice facilities and are pretty successful, I like to watch them. Social life is, well complicated. I've made alot of friends because I'm pretty social, but have heard others complain so IDK. I've heard everything from its a crazy party school to the most boring school around, doesnt seem like it can be both so all I can say is I've had fun & its probably like most schools. If you want to party you can find one anytime, if not and your socially awkward or judgmental to begin with you might have trouble. Can say I've never seen any drinking or drugs on campus so if its not your think you should be ok. The off campus apartments, a whole different story. But really depends what you want. There are alot of clubs on campus & comedy shows, concerts, however frats & sororities are not very big at all. Only a couple small ones. I find the school work challenging but I have a harder major. Some of my friends in easier majors do not seem to study as often as I have to. Over all good place, but I guess check it out first.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: C
I came here because of the scholarship opportunityQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I came here because of the scholarship opportunity and relatively low cost. How ironic that it ended up being the biggest pain in the ass to pay for. This school caters to the dumbasses. If you're intelligent, they pretty much don't want you here.

This school sucks at financial management. They spend so much money of athletic facilities as if everyone wanted to go to a gym every day. The Financial Aide Department will HOLD BACK MONEY for selfish reasons, probably because they only want the dumbasses to be well funded. If you get a GPA above their tiny Dean's List requirement (3.25) then GTFO.

Professors are the only thing nice about this school, they are willing to help. They know what they are talking about because most of them got degrees at actual universities (UT/ATM).

Student body here is so messed up. You have some absolute gifts of god here, then you have some gifts from the devil. Drugs are readily accessible on campus, just go find the closest dumb person.

School food isn't too bad.
University President himself has said that the school needs to be selective, which for the love of god IT NEEDS TO BE MORE SELECTIVE.

Dorms here are TERRIBLE. You get put with people you have NOTHING in COMMON with. They put first year students in dual occupancy rooms so they can "connect". Horseshit, my first guy was some dumbass who got rejected by every other school. He stole a half empty jug of laundry detergent while I was gone instead of more valuable headphones. What the hell?Basically, this school is an advanced community college. If you are serious about your degree and don't want to cheat your future boss, then find a different school. I can't stand this place and am expecting to have another crap financial package. Thus I'll be leaving this school, going to a CC for rest of my cores, then going into a different University. (UT system, I choose you!)

1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F
There is not asAveragePsychology
There is not as many classes provided each semester as i would like and i would like and i would also like the department of your major to keep us updated of what going on or other things you can do to better your self or career
3rd Year Female -- Class 2011