StudentsReview :: Hardin Simmons University - Comments and Student Experiences

Southwest Texas State University -- San Marcos, TX

Hardin Simmons University

Nov 22 2013English

I love this school! I would go back and do it all over again here!

Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

This school has fairly decent departments, and you

Jul 08 2013Business - Management and Administration
This school has fairly decent departments, and you could really turn your education into a job if you put forth the effort. Social life though is pretty sad, the University puts all of its resources in the local greek organizations (which haze pledges) and the activities for non greek students are planned by handpicked greek life students are students who are from that same community group. Little to do in Abilene. If I had the chance I would choose a larger school that is more well known or something in the Dallas, Houston or Austin area to pursue my education.
4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Friendliness: A+, Surrounding City: D-

I absolutely love Hardin-Simmons University, however I am

Sep 01 2014Biology
I absolutely love Hardin-Simmons University, however I am extremely involved on campus. Thats the main issue we have at H-SU...you have to get involved, otherwise you won't appreciate what this university has to offer. I'm involved in a co-ed fraternity, I'm an RA (resident's assistant), I'm helping to start up a new program, and I'm involved in a planning committee for a leadership conference coming up in January. I'm very involved on campus, which definitely helps out with my opinion of H-SU.

Academics: I'm a biology major and psychology minor and I have loved all of my classes so far. They have challenged me more than any other classes have. In high school, I was a student that never had to study, so when I arrived at H-SU I thought I was going to be okay. And I was! But only after I learned how to study. Social life/Extracurriculars: I used to run cross-country and track, and I just walked onto the team. It isn't difficult to get involved with sports at this Division-3 school. There are plenty of sororities and fraternities and multiple intramural sports to be involved in. Cowboy band is really great!

2nd Year Female -- Class 2016