StudentsReview :: Hardin Simmons University - Comments and Student Experiences

Southwest Texas State University -- San Marcos, TX

Hardin Simmons University

Nov 22 2013English

I love this school! I would go back and do it all over again here!

Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

This school has fairly decent departments, and you

Jul 08 2013Business - Management and Administration
This school has fairly decent departments, and you could really turn your education into a job if you put forth the effort. Social life though is pretty sad, the University puts all of its resources in the local greek organizations (which haze pledges) and the activities for non greek students are planned by handpicked greek life students are students who are from that same community group. Little to do in Abilene. If I had the chance I would choose a larger school that is more well known or something in the Dallas, Houston or Austin area to pursue my education.
4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Friendliness: A+, Surrounding City: D-

I thought I was going to get a

Oct 06 2012Geography and Geosciences
I thought I was going to get a good, high-quality education with an emphasis on excellence. I mean, that's how virtually all private institutions are like closer to home. I was poorly mistaken. While there are good professors and departments around, I am utterly appalled by some of the attitude of some of the other professors on campus. In some courses, if curves were taken away, there would be a 100% failure rate (in some cases, all students well below a grade of 50%) since neither the lectures nor the textbook went over the most fundamental materials to the course. Somehow students are given outrageous curves to allow students to pass the course with a complete incompetency in the subject due to aspects regarding both the students and the professors. Some professors, when asked genuine questions, will even turn students away in a fury. There are even rumors around the campus of shady activities behind some of this.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014