StudentsReview :: South Texas College - Comments and Student Experiences

South Texas College

South Texas College is growing at phenominal rate

Oct 25 2011Engineering Department
South Texas College is growing at phenominal rate. Many of the students I saw who graduated were very lucky to have done so. Huge curves on exams in difficult classes enabled student to achieve success. I was very dissapointed in witnessing this type of situations because honestly the instructors looked as if they were pressured to do so. Do not get me wrong, some of the instructor were extremely talented but some students were so used to taking easy instructors that these instructor used curves to pass students. If I had the chance to change schools I wouldn't change my mind because I still feel it has the potential to be involved in great thing for the Rio Grande Valley community.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2011
Faculty Accessibility: A, Social Life: F

South Texas College is the ideal college to

Aug 18 2010Engineering Department
South Texas College is the ideal college to become accostumed to life as a student. Most of the instructors at South Texas College go the extra mile to insure success from their students. The tuition is cheap and the quality of education is very good making STC a good choice of selection for beginner students who are seeking a college degree.
1st Year Male -- Class 2012
Faculty Accessibility: A, Extracurricular Activities: D

First off, STCC was renamed to 'South Texas

Nov 25 2012Undecided
First off, STCC was renamed to 'South Texas College' years ago. My first semester here is just about finished, and my experiences here have really been great. STC is what a community college should be. Students here mind their own business, which is a great change from high school. The male and female students are unattractive. Plus if you expect to have a full fledged college experience, don't. You're not going to get laid at all. I feel honored to have been acquainted with my instructors; it is clear that they care for your education, and always remind their students that if they need any help or assistance, to not be afraid to approach them at any time.

I feel very safe here and the campus buildings are well kept. The CLE (tutoring center) has great tutors. Apparently the Culinary Arts students are the ones that cook the cafeteria food, and if that's the case, they really suck. The food there tastes just like high school cafeteria food, but with more variety and choices. At times a few of my instructors didn't bother to respond to my e-mail(s). I'm looking forward to finishing my pre-requisite courses here, then transfer to a university.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016