StudentsReview :: Texas State University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Texas -- Austin, TX

Texas State was the worst six years ofQuite BrightPsychology
Texas State was the worst six years of my life. The only good thing about going to Texas State was experiencing God and His Love for me through His One True Church, the Catholic Church, and by the intercession of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary and that there were kind people who cared about me and accepted me. God is hated at Texas State, His rights and precepts are despised and ignored(except when a professor wants to attack it). Texas State, like many judaic-masonic colleges in the US, don't teach reality to their students. They teach them a nightmare and call it a utopia. I was part of the student body, but my voice was hardly ever valued, and was disdained by "open-minded" professors who themselves despised the truth. The feminism promoted at Texas State was not only false, since feminism is false always, it was annoying and obnoxious. Many of my psychology courses emphasized communist thinking by consistently bringing up race, class, and gender. Many of my philosophy and a few of my English courses were anti Catholic(I've sat in classes where the teacher blasphemed against God, Our Lady, the Saints, attacked Christians and the Holy Faith) Texas State made me more insecure than I was about myself. I felt that I had to be someone else. What I learned and discovered about going to Texas State was that I did not belong there and that it wasn't for me. I didn't fit in at all with what Texas State valued, and ultimately that's a good thing. However, since what I loved and valued was not taught there, it has set me back spiritually and psychologically. I suffered spiritually and psychologically by going to Texas State, but nobody cares. Much of time is now spent after looking and applying for jobs, learning about the Catholic Faith, harp playing, hand sewing, knitting, writing stories, poems, and proses, reading books that I actually want to read, transcribing, French, and healing spiritually and psychologically. Texas State ate me and spit me out. If you're Catholic, I don't recommend going to college, let alone Texas State. You're better off staying at home.
5th Year Female -- Class 2017
Friendliness: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F
Texas State was the worst six years ofPsychology
The music program is less than to beQuite BrightMusic - Performance
The music program is less than to be desired. They simple do not care about their student's interest. The freshman adviser misdirected and the music support staff were never on the same page. Don't get to meet with a music adviser until sophmore year which is too late to find out what is needed when you start your freshman year. Adviser indicates that music students don't graduate until usually 5.5 to 6 yrs because the music program unnecessarily requires to much additional work that you do not receive credit for and your pre-requisites must be obtain (on your own time). If your a music major - don't waste your time at this university. Go some place that they actually care about you graduating and don't abuse you to their own advantage. What a wasteful first year of time and money.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015