StudentsReview :: Texas State University San Marcos - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Females 6
Males 5
Avg years at University 2.5
Research Quality C (4.3)
Research Availability B- (6.0)
Research Funding C (4.7)
Graduate Politics B (6.7)
Errand Runners B (6.7)
Degree Completion C+ (5.7)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] C (4.8)
Sufficient Pay C- (3.9)
Competitiveness B- (5.8)
Education Quality B- (6.1)
Faculty Accessibility C+ (5.5)
Useful Research B- (5.9)
"Individual" treatment C+ (5.3)
Friendliness B- (5.8)
Safety C+ (5.6)
Campus Beauty C+ (5.6)
Campus Maintenance B- (6.2)
University Resource/spending C+ (5.3)
Extracurriculars C+ (5.1)
Success-Understanding C (4.8)
Surrounding City C+ (5.5)
Social Life/Environment C+ (5.6)
Sufficient PayC-
Errand RunnersB

Do yourself a favor and AVOID IT AT

Aug 11 2011Music Education
Do yourself a favor and AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS. This is the worst university experience I have EVER HAD in my entire life! The programs are terrible at best and the administration has NO IDEA what is going on to get the students into the school. There's ALWAYS a problem with paper work, even after TRIPLE checking to make sure all forms have been completed. It is a waste of money and time, go to UT or some other school. The graduation rate is VERY LOW and I am angry that I had to attend this so-called university. Please do go to another school and save yourself the stress.

I went to the University of Texas in

Aug 27 2007Journalism
I went to the University of Texas in Austin for my undergraduate degree, but I'd say that I genuinely love Texas State more. We don't really have a big football team to rally around or tons of money like UT, but we do have an outstanding faculty that works really hard and a town that is more beautiful than any other college town in Texas. Everyone is very friendly and you can do anything you want to do to further your education. The faculty is more than willing to help you study what you want to learn, as long as you put in the effort. Like the cliches of the past- you get what you put in and if you want something, ask for it!!! The great thing about Texas State is that it is true here....and I'm not so sure other schools would allow you that kind of versatility.

I wish that my professors were would pay

May 04 2005Math
I wish that my professors were would pay more attention to us. I do not feel valued as a graduate student (and a teaching assistant) with relatively good grades. They are too busy and too self-absorbed. Moreover, they do not help with the transition between undergraduate and graduate coursework. They need to create some sort of program to keep us once we arrive here (ie a support system).