StudentsReview :: Strayer University Texas - Comments and Student Experiences

Strayer University Texas

Jul 04 2013Computer Science
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Strayer University is a "for profit" school like University of Phoenix and others online. That being said, their academics, in my opinion, are equivalent or better than most local Universities/Public Universities. As an online school,combined with locals classes if you want, Strayer does offer the traditional "school" approach. I like the small class sizes and the fact it is geared towards working adults/military. I was not interested in attending a local school where I would be exposed to some 19 year old kid trying to decide which whore to screw, and be disrupting class while deciding. I like the fact that my classmates are all above age 23, with most in their 30s. It helps keep everyone focused on learning and makes for a more conducive learning environment. I am a veteran and the financial aid process was smooth and painless for me. The only lengthy portion so far has been getting my transfer credits applied, but I signed up a week before the quarter started, so I assumed this aspect would take some time. I have attended U of P and Ashford University online before and disliked the approach those schools had. I felt like all I did was B.S. my way through essays. Strayer actually challenges me. In regards to employment prospects after graduation, it is the same with any school-if you are a lazy bum that thinks a college degree should automatically translate into a job, you will stay unemployed. If you are a hard worker that RESEARCHES your chosen field and gains more knowledge, you will be employed. For example, I am going for a B.S. in Information Systems with a major in Cyber Security Management at Strayer. If I was an idiot, I would think that this degree is all I need to make a six figure income post-graduation. I researched my degree/field and realized I also need certifications to help make myself more marketable in the field. If you are the type of person that does the "bare minimum" in your life right now, a college degree will not help you get a better job. Overall, I think Strayer University is the best "for profit" school out there is you want to have professor interaction and help. The best "non-profit" in my opinion is Western Governors University if you are a "self" learner. Either way though, if you are lazy and scared of hard work, a college degree will not help you land a better job. Hard work and dedication will help you get a better job.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015